New Pics from Brother's -Dedalus reef , Red Sea, Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi to all,
here https://www.flickr.com/photos/scipio2010/albums/72157665742167789 you can see some new pics made with a Panasonic Gh5 in Nauticam housing.
Most of the pics are made with Pana 7-14mm or Pana 8mm fisheye lens :)
Scipionems

Wow! These are just beautiful! The GH5 looks to be a real winner.
I thought that the flash sync speed on the GH5 (and the Olympus E-M1 Mark II) were both limited to 1/250. I see that some of your photos in the gallery were shot at 1/400. How did you manage that? I've always hoped that the sync speed would be at least 1/325 or faster, but I was surprised when they limited it to 1/250. If you know of a way around this sync speed issue, I would love to hear how you did it. Thanks.
Bogdan

Wow! These are just beautiful! The GH5 looks to be a real winner.
I thought that the flash sync speed on the GH5 (and the Olympus E-M1 Mark II) were both limited to 1/250. I see that some of your photos in the gallery were shot at 1/400. How did you manage that? I've always hoped that the sync speed would be at least 1/325 or faster, but I was surprised when they limited it to 1/250. If you know of a way around this sync speed issue, I would love to hear how you did it. Thanks.
Bogdan

Hi Bogdan,
You are right , using the original Panasonic strobe DMW-FL70 the flash sync is limited to 1/250.
But i have purchased the Nauticam Mini Flash Trigger #26309 specific for the Gh5 Mini Flash Trigger for NA-GH5 Housing (manual exposure) - Nauticam
Using this Led Flash Trigger it is possible to overcome the sync limit of 1/250 and this is fantastic for the pictures against the sun.
Even the strobes seems to be more powerful using a timing faster than 1/250.
It was a good surprise :wink:
Scipionems

Bogdan i forgot to tell that this mini flash trigger Nauticam works ONLY with fiber optic cables MULTICORE and not with common and less expensive SINGLE core fiber optic cables
Scipionems

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom