New Orleans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MVillanueva

Reaction score
I am wondering if there are any dives sites / diving possibilities close to New Orleans, LA? I will be at a conference this November in the city, and was wondering about the possibilities.

Thanks

Michael

Short of getting on a charter and going out to the rigs, or diving Lake Poncetrain, nothing, from what some of the Dive shops in Metairie, LA was telling me...

Well, that is a major drag.

Ok, thanks for the information.

Michael

most people from LA. head on over to the Florida panhandle. You could try either Destin or Panama City. It is about 4 or 5 hours of driving to get there. If you want more info or some referals let me know.

Thanks

harry's dive shop does charters out of vince. but you will need a good bit of time for that one. not sure if they do those in nov are not. you would have to go to there web site to find out. if you have a extra day there you may want to check them out, they usually run on Sat, Sun, ans Monday.

Thanks for the information. I will pass -- plus, I really don't want to take that amount of time to make a run to Florida.

Pensacola would be somewhere around a 3 hour drive time (give or take 30minutes) straight interstate. They have some really good diveing and all things considered not that much more time involved. It is my understanding that going out of Louisiana or Mississippi is going to be around a 2 hour boat ride out, where in Pensacola we usually have around a 30minute ride out....

You can charter out of Orange Beach and be on some inshore sites(<5miles) in 30min or less as well. Depths of 30-70' with different wreckage or brigde rubble.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom