New Olympus EPL-1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found you have to put the camera to P setting. Then the function button will take you to both modes. The book is still open if these settings are any good though.

Yes you will need strobes. If you want the kind of pictures that you see in the diving magazines. If you get close to the subject one will work but 2 are better. I just got the same camera and I am trying to get my strobes to fire as they did when I used the Oly SP 350. With that camera and 2 - YS 110s I got some great pictures over the last 4 years. But the RAW shooting was a limitation. I bought mine through the Cathy Church group in Grand Cayman and there recommendation was to shoot in manual with the strobes and FO cords. I like shooting in TTL when in groups for shooting on the run.

Hi
I also received a e-pl1 from Santa (I was very nice this year ;-) )... Speaking of the 2 underwater mode, I'm unable to program them (I found mention of those mode in the user manual p. 80 but no way to find them in the camera).
Any idea?
Thanks
Fred

Olympus locks most adjustments when you select a SCN mode, so they are not very useful underwater. They try to make those modes idiot proof and succeed in making them almost useless.

Stick with M, A or P mode and you can make the adjustments you need.

The EPL-1 is a very nice camera, a friend of mine uses it and gets excellent results, I believe she uses the Olympus UFL-2 strobe with it. Fantastic results.

I am using the E-520 dslr at the moment, still saving for the housing, but am looking at getting two strobes for best lighting

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom