New Oceanic computer in the works???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highdesert

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Friends are looking for computers, and they asked about ours, Oceanic Pro Plus 2. In the process of sending them some links with info, I checked the price at Leisure Pro, including compass and quick disconnect, and it's on sale for $499.95. I did a double take when I saw it. Does anyone know if this price is any indication whether Oceanic is replacing this unit, and discounting the current model, or is Leisure Pro just feeling real generous these days? Though we really like our computers, I would not want to send someone else toward it if it was about to be replaced.

Why not? If it works well and now it's cheaper ... that's great. It's replacement will be top dollar I'm sure.

Why not? If it works well and now it's cheaper ... that's great. It's replacement will be top dollar I'm sure.

I agree, and would think the same way for me, but I wouldn't want to be responsible (though it's the buyer's responsibility, I know) for someone else in that respect.

New computers often have bugs too. Unless you have a backup computer, I'd taken a proven one over a new one any day of the week.

New computers often have bugs too. Unless you have a backup computer, I'd taken a proven one over a new one any day of the week.

Good point ...

However, I still wouldn't mind hearing from Doug Krause, if you're lurking out there, if there is any upcoming change in the status of the Pro Plus 2 in the Oceanic line of computers ...

If Leisure Pro is selling this product and other products for less than the manufacturer's MAP then you can bet they are not authorized dealers and the product is black market. I would steer clear and buy it somewhere else.
Lastly, if by chance LP is an authorized dealer and have the computer at a great price, I would get ScubaToys to match it and know I would get a supplier that stands behind what they sell and a supplier that is authorized by the manufacturer and a supplier that gives unsurpassed customer service.

If Leisure Pro is selling this product and other products for less than the manufacturer's MAP then you can bet they are not authorized dealers and the product is black market. I would steer clear and buy it somewhere else.
Lastly, if by chance LP is an authorized dealer and have the computer at a great price, I would get ScubaToys to match it and know I would get a supplier that stands behind what they sell and a supplier that is authorized by the manufacturer and a supplier that gives unsurpassed customer service.
I'd like to point out that both ScubaToys and LeisurePro have excellent track records of standing behind what they sell, regardless of who is an "authorized dealer." And neither of them have ever been accused by anyone of dealing in "black market" anything.

... way ahead of ya ...

However, I have to add that I've never had a problem with orders from Leisure Pro ... or Scuba Toys.

That is a great price we have on the Pro Plus 2, if I didn't already have an amazing computer (D9) I'd be buying one right now. I might end up buying one soon anyways, it's about time for me to need the BIG numbers on my computer... time will tell...

Back
Top Bottom