New North Carolina Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tankgirl

Reaction score
I have been reading the Scuba Board for weeks now, preparing for my Open Water Diving course. You have all been a huge help in my studies.

I will be completing my class room and water skills this weekend! My Open Water check-out is scheduled for September 13th and 14th!

I am interested in meeting Divers in the Charlotte area!

I am a female, 29, Single Mom of a six year old boy! Very active! I am an Interior Architect during work hours and a life adventurer at all other times!

I teach yoga. I study Tae Kwon Do. I am learning to shoot a long bow with The Carolina's Traditional Archers.

What I am looking forward to most this fall is to dive the Cooper River in SC with Captain Tom, in hopes of finding prehistoric shark teeth, mammoth teeth, and indian points! Wish me luck on my certification with SSI!

Welcome to the forum tankgirl!...

Good luck on your OW! :snorkel: You will love this sport!!!

Hey Tankgirl,

This is a great place to hang out at each night, Good Luck on your open water.

Wildbill

:copper:

Welcome to the board from just up the road in Raleigh. There are several members from Charlotte. Long Bow ...have not shot one of those things for many years, do burn a lot of pistol powder though. Both involve a lot more skill than most people realize. Cooper river is too muddy for me, I like to at least see a couple of feet in frount of me.

Again, welcome.

What a cool gal we have among us now! Let us know when You find these wonderful treasures. Look out for those Prehistoric Sharks!

Welcome to the board tankgirl and good luck with your OW and I hope you find some goodies in the Cooper River
:)

Let us know how that goes. I have been told that because of the conditions (low viz, strong current) it's a fairly difficult dive.

Heading for the wrecks in Lake Michigan...:confined:

Hey there Tankgirl, have fun with the boards and all the fun diving you are planning. Enjoy your training and the fun you will have. Let us know how your diving goes, it sounds like you are going to have a great time.

Rich :mean:

Welcome....another "Queen City" diver here. Almost all of my dives have been in the Cooper River. It can be a bit of work but it is fun. Keep an eye out for gators and snakes.
If you want to meet other Charlotte divers there is a social going on this Friday, 08/23/02 at Open Water Adventures on Hwy 29.
www.openwateradventures.com :snorkel:
Sorry I don't have more details but you can call the shop.
I would attend but will be out of town this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom