New mermaid on the block

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome! Your photos are fun, and I hope you post more conservation experiences and photos. I notice that you have posted a variety of exposure protection, (or lack thereof!) and wonder about all the different types/areas of diving you do. Specifically : Do you see Leafy Sea Dragons?

Thanks, Francesea. I will post conservation vibes and photos when I'm home if you'd like! I do dive in Aus, but the water temperature usually leaves me with blue lips and numb extremeties, the happier diving is off around SE Asia and the Pacific where I can shed the bulk. I have Waterproof International for that water!
16387967_1336622546428342_4464336307616914040_n.jpg

I did some work with VESS in Vanuatu which broke my heart, these reefs were quite healthy, not too much eutrophication and not too much bleaching, but offshore is a total different story. The lack of fish (beside damsels) is the biggest stun there. I've worked with TRACC in Borneo, Sabah once again for coral, and then again on the East Coast around Redang and Perhentian for the turtles and studied the coral bleaching in Langkawi also. Thailand I worked around Koh Tao and then south to Koh Lipe to slow the devestation on reefs and with the turtles, Fiji I did some work too. I've done more, because every little bit helps, right? Thanks for the interest :)

Sadly the Leafy Sea Dragon is only located in another State in Aus, in South Australia. It's on my list though!

Love the fun photos and your sense of humor.. welcome to Scuba board..

Jim

Hey Lindy, love your fun nature and humor! Great pics too btw!

Wow doing stuff you are really passionate about is indeed a dream come true!

I'm from Singapore and like to dive around SEA.

Looking forward to more of your updates and contributions!

Greetings Gate! Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Two places where I brought my "skate shoe saddle sliders" along with my dive kit & fins were Singapore and Oahu Hawaii -some of the most fun Lindy Hop dancing on the way home from Scuba trips to SE Asia & Micronesia:D!

One of these days -a Coral Sea Liveaboard and a stopover in Sydney's Lindy Scene. . .!

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to the site! It truly looks like you love diving! I love your pictures and the enthusiasm you have for this fun activity. Keep posting! Wishing you all the very best. Safe and happy diving!

Greetings Gate! Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Two places where I brought my "skate shoe saddle sliders" along with my dive kit & fins were Singapore and Oahu Hawaii -some of the most fun Lindy Hop dancing on the way home from Scuba trips to SE Asia & Micronesia:D!

One of these days -a Coral Sea Liveaboard and a stopover in Sydney's Lindy Scene. . .!
How do you like Singapore, mate? :)

I'm from Singapore. Love diving too but I am rather new, just started diving 2 years + ago.

Hahahah thanks!
I do love my job, every now and then I get to escape and head off to work conservation efforts, and when I'm back I get to spend my time with all my aquatic friends (whose breath is a little like what I imagine the mines of moria to smell like). It's hard to complain!

I also like giving back to the marine community by doing conservation efforts especially for coral reef conservation. I do a lot of volunteering off Singapore waters in Pulau Hantu.

In fact, I just completed my 8th PADI Specialty in AWARE Coral Reef Conservation! I loved the course! Helps bring up a lot of knowledge in this area.

Will you be intending to come by Asia soon to dive? :)

I spend my time "fixing" and cleaning up the reefs of Bonaire on every dive.. Always picking up trash and fishing line.. Replanting / Resetting coral knocked over by careless divers.. Oh.. And killing every lionfish I see.... I have not tried "NAKED NARC'D" lionfish hunting yet..

Jim...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom