Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cagemaker

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I learned of this site during a recent trip to Roatan. My diving experience had been on the west coast, but I am now very spoiled with warm water. I currently live in Virginia and expect most of my exploits to be from North Carolina southward.

Equipment and some protocals have changed since 1968. I think AI computers are great, BCD's are fun and environmentally wonderful. Otherwise I am a minialist at heart and can still freedive in So.Cal without a wetsuit (but now prefer the Carribean).

Cagemaker

Welcome to the board. If you ever come to Florida let us know through the Florida Conch Divers Forum. We would love to dive with you.

Hi Cagemaker,

Your name is interesting, how did you get it?

Welcome again, it's a fun place.

Randy

cagemaker:
I learned of this site during a recent trip to Roatan. My diving experience had been on the west coast, but I am now very spoiled with warm water. I currently live in Virginia and expect most of my exploits to be from North Carolina southward.

Equipment and some protocals have changed since 1968. I think AI computers are great, BCD's are fun and environmentally wonderful. Otherwise I am a minialist at heart and can still freedive in So.Cal without a wetsuit (but now prefer the Carribean).

Cagemaker

Randy,

I make a line of large stainless steel cages and accessories for big parrots, primarily macaws. My shop is dedicated to fabricating 304 stainless. Prior to this endeavor, I was an architectural blacksmith for 20 years producing hand forged entrances and hardware. Went from black and textured to clean and shiny. Also went from strong young back to....this is too heavy!

I have made hardware and rigging for all types of boats: shrimpers, seiners, gill net as well as sailing vessels. Stainless, galvanized steel and bronze. I am now finishing a degree in Recreation Management with plans to work on marine preserves somewhere unknown.

Cagemaker

Randy43068:
Hi Cagemaker,

Your name is interesting, how did you get it?

Welcome again, it's a fun place.

Randy

Hi There cagemaker,
Welcome to Scuba Board –One of the most informative and dedicated boards on the net. You can meet a lot of helpful people here and it’s an awesome place to get answers to your questions regarding scuba diving. If you ever want to chat feel free to PM me. Take care and safe diving

-Matt- :palmtree::sunny

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Welcome to Scubaboard Cagemaker, we're glad you've joined!

Hi cagemaker
Do you have a web site so bird lovers can take a look at your work. And oh ya welcome to the board !

Heya and welcome to the Board.... I was thinking bigger, like shark cages :D

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom