Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ccoulter

New
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi Everyone,
I'm Charlie Coulter from Roanoke, VA and a new Scuba Board member. I have been diving for a little over 50 years now and have cut back my diving in the past few years. My girlfriend and I go on a couple of trips a year. I will probably start clearing out some of my gear in the near future as I am planning on moving out into the country next year and am trying to reduce the amount of things I don't use anymore once I am approved to list.

Hi Charlie, welcome to ScubaBoard, I'm sorry to inform you that even if you're ultimately approved, you won't get much activity on your listings because you don't have an established posting history here and to most experienced members you will be considered a scammer until and unless proven otherwise.

Hi Charlie, and welcome to SB!

I think what @LI-er is referring to is SB's new and improved anti-spammer/scammer measures. SB was getting a lot of spammer/scammer posts. Although the bar has been raised so as to detect those kinds of insincere new member accounts, it's still pretty easy for a new member to gain privileges to post in Classifieds. I take it from your comment about "once I am approved to list" that you have read about this in the couple of threads discussing the topic in the Site Support forum.

So, tell us, where does someone who has been diving for 50+ years go to dive these days?

Welcome to Scubaboard Charlie! You must have lots to share with us here, other than extra gear. We look forward to your contributions to our board.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom