New member from SW Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everybody, my name is Greg and I'm new to ScubaBoard.com. I live in Rotonda, FL and currently hold my Advanced Open Water cert. Next weekend I'm doing the Emergency First Response and Oxygen Provider certs. The following weekend I'm doing my Rescue Diver cert, and then I'm going to start on my Padi Divemaster cert. I've got close to 50 dives in now, but when I get closer to the 100 dive requirement I'll be starting my Open Water Instructor cert.

That being said, if anybody wants to do some weekend dives in SWFL, I'm game! Venice is only about 30 minutes from me and is a popular dive spot for shark/megalodon teeth. I'm not opposed to driving a little either though. Most of the dives I've done in Florida so far has required at least a 2 hour drive for me.

My long term goal is to open up a dive shop/charter business, or a small dive resort some day. If anybody has any advice for somebody heading down that path, I welcome it.

That would be great, thanks! I've dove a couple spots that are probably pretty close to you too. Spanish rocks, and the Regina.

Howdy and welcome to Scubaboard. :admingreet:

Glad you joined us.

welcome and good luck with your diving aspirations.

Back
Top Bottom