New member from Los Angeles, California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What are you talking about, Southern California IS warm water diving.
Try diving north of the GG bridge, that’s cold water!!
Sir that’s ice diving and I don’t hold the certification for it nor am I certifiably insane enough to try lol

Hey man,

Thanks for the offer, but I really only like diving in warm waters for now. I'm sure you'll find other divers that would love to dive Catalina Island with you. Stay safe!
Around late September/October, the water is a solid 10+ degrees warmer here in the LA area than in the early Spring. I've done dives at Redondo Beach in early Oct. where the temp. was about 68F at 70 ft. and warmer closer to the surface. It's a good place to practice and keep up your skills.

Around late September/October, the water is a solid 10+ degrees warmer here in the LA area than in the early Spring. I've done dives at Redondo Beach in early Oct. where the temp. was about 68F at 70 ft. and warmer closer to the surface. It's a good place to practice and keep up your skills.
Like I said, we Northerners just go to Socal for our warm tropical diving. Saves us a ton in airfare and travel.
Up here the water is 46-53 year around, it never warms up. There is always an Alaskan cold water current running offshore and the exposed nature of the coastline means there is always some sort of swell which leads to a cold water upwelling and also means there is never really any sort of thermocline. The water is too mixed up so the surface will be just as cold as the water at depth. Still want to come up here? I didn’t think so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom