New Member, Couple Questions On Jamaica (i Know.......iknow......)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HGDUDE

New
Reaction score
I've browsed here for a couple years now, and have dove in a ton of great places (cozumel/iceland/hawaii/cenotes/catalina/bali/roatan etc), and some not so great (sorrento on our honeymoon)

however, my mothers family is from Jamaica, and my cousin is getting married in Ocho Rios, we are going to show up early and spend a few days in Negril. I figure Negril might have the "best" diving on the island.

Does anyone know anything about the diving there. With the cliffs my wife and I were thinking of maybe just renting a few tanks and jumping in to look around.

Thanks!

We've been to the Negril area four times since 2003, dived each time. Best diving is from boats, off shore into the reef areas. We've only snorkeled on Booze Cruises around the cliffs, and fish life is scarce due to, apparently, shore fishing by the locals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom