New member in KC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey all.

New to the board. Just got my OWD cert last month. Did my class work and CW dives in the Kansas City area, and my 4 checkout dives in Key Largo. A few days later, I did a couple dives in St Thomas USVI.

My first 2 dives were actually 3 years ago at the Great Barrier Reef on a "discover scuba" outing. That's what made me want to dive, but then COVID happened so I'm just now getting into it.

I'm going to Hawaii for a couple weeks soon, and have 5 dive trips planned, so will more than double my dive count :)

Hoping to learn as much as I can by being part of this board!

What shop did you cert with in KC? I DM at the "Dive Shop" in Merriam and live in Olathe.

Welcome to ScubaBoard. Hope you'll post of your experiences when you get back home. Hawaii generates a significant amount of interest here, particularly since it has shore diving, too.

Richard.

What shop did you cert with in KC? I DM at the "Dive Shop" in Merriam and live in Olathe.
Got certified there a long time ago. 1991. Was back there over the holidays but it looked like you were closed up when I went by.

Just FYI, if you really get into SCUBA, you might have to change your name to MoScubaLessMoney. That’s what happened to me. Welcome!

Got certified there a long time ago. 1991. Was back there over the holidays but it looked like you were closed up when I went by.
Shop was closed the week between Xmas and NYE. It's back open now! I was just there.

Back
Top Bottom