New Melle dive site now open

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been out there a few times now and the last was about 3 weeks ago, but the vis was not GREAT but was not BAD either. It was around 10 - 15ft, which is still pretty descent considering that even then we were still having quite a bit of rain....

Phil

Me and the missus just drove out to the Dive-Stop and took a look around this afternoon. Looks like a great place with lots of potential. We did not dive though (still studying for OW cert:D).

Has anyone been diving there since the rain finally let up? If so, how was it?

Thanks

My husband and I did the same thing on Sunday. We were out on the motorcycle and decided to stop by and check it out. We didn't dive (husband is not certified) but we talked to the owner and got a little tour. I'm anxious to get back there with a buddy to dive. Good luck with your cert. dives!! Maybe we'll see you out there.

My husband and I did the same thing on Sunday. We were out on the motorcycle and decided to stop by and check it out. We didn't dive (husband is not certified) but we talked to the owner and got a little tour. I'm anxious to get back there with a buddy to dive. Good luck with your cert. dives!! Maybe we'll see you out there.

If you are interested in diving at The Dive Stop I am thinking about going out there on Sat morning for a dive or two... I do not have a buddy lined up right now so if you need someone to dive with I would be happy to dive with ya.

Phil

skdvr,
Just saw your post and can't make it this weekend. I hope to get out there in early June.
I'll let you know when we go if your willing to dive with a couple of newbies!!!

skdvr,
Just saw your post and can't make it this weekend. I hope to get out there in early June.
I'll let you know when we go if your willing to dive with a couple of newbies!!!

I am willing to dive with anyone... Just let me know when you are planning on heading out there, and I will meet up with ya if I can...

Phil

We were there today, surface is pretty warm (60ish) down to between 15-20ft where the thermocline is where it gradually drops to 48F.

Visibility wasn't any worse considering the recent rains.. that's a nice surprise, after 2-3 days of rain, Mermet for example gets pretty bad for the first 50-60ft. Mostly followed the walls and saw fishies and turtles (they are cute!) today!

What are the current conditions? Did anyone get out there today?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom