New Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and baby shampoo is also good for diluting & squirting inside the wetsuit to ease donning. Slides right on. (Makes it smell nice when u r rinsing after the dive, too.)

Any more Helpful hints from Heloise?

After reading a LOT of threads on prepping masks my wife and I tried dish soap - apply, let dry, rinse just before donning. Worked great!

We used toothpaste and SoftScrub initially to remove the stuff left over from the manufacturing process.

Don't know if you still care or not but I tried 3 differant kinds of toothpaste on my mask and it kept fogging up. Throughout my training dives. I decided to just let water in and then clear my mask to remove it. I mentioned it to my instructor and he took the mask and used softscrub to clean it. It worked like a champ. I don't know if it was the toothpaste or user error. I know he scrubed a lot harder then I did. Anyway, I think we should start a post fo all the neat tricks... Like the baby shampoo in the wetsuit... Cool

Jessica

JessicaDodge once bubbled...
Like the baby shampoo in the wetsuit... Cool

What's this I hear about baby shampoo in the wetsuit?? Is this to clean it or for easy removal?

We applied baby shampoo, rubbed it in, and let it sit as we got all our gear together. Right before we gear up, we washed it off (not completely.... but enough) and it works great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom