New Mac OS X Dive App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Love it. Keep up the good work.

One request. In the pull-down menu of Site Name on main page, can you add Country in front of the Site Names. e.g.

Singapore, Hantu Jetty
Singapore, West Reef
Thailand, Chumphon Pinnacle
Thailand, Suddhadhip Wreck

I have so many dives in Mac Dive that it takes me a while just to scroll through the sites looking for one. I can sometimes guess which block is which country, but sometimes it is not so easy. Some dive sites, (e.g. The Pinnacles) exist in several countries.

Regards
Peter

For anyone else who is interested, I'm in touch with Peter about this and he's helping me test out a potential solution.

I like this suggestion. I've always been curious as to how the sites are sorted in the list.

There is a beta available to test it out. Personally, I think it makes it a hell of a lot easier to find the right site.

They were always sorted in the list - by country then location. There could just be so many that it was a pain to mentally figure that out. The new method is significantly better. Peter has been asking for this for a while, actually :)

Have an Oceanic Pro Plus 2.1, Mac Dive web site says it supports. I have a Macbook pro running OS 10.7.3, and I cannot get the computer to recognize the DC or download my data-HELP

If I remember correctly there is a fairly painful driver installation process. Check the MacDive site and make sure you follow the instructions for the drive install which was a pain on my MacBook pro, but it works just fine once complete.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've been running a MBP and Mac Dive for nearly a year. Love it! Driver installation was easy, heres a link.

MacDive

The biggest pain in the entire process was shelling out the money for the cable.

Once you have the driver installed and right after you plug your Pro Plus in, go to Mac Dive > Preferences > Advanced > Scan for Serial Port. Then get out of the preferences window and then go to File > Download Dives.

Beat me to it, but you should read Troubleshooting Downloads under help. If you haven't installed a driver, then it is required as is stated all over the website (and now in the application itself when you first start).

Follow the drivers link in the post above and install the correct USB driver, in your case the FTDI one. It's a very simple process, you simply download the driver, double click on it and follow the on-screen instructions.

Fantastic application, I have one item on my wish list though.
I would love it if there was the ability to link to individual photos within an Aperture or iPhoto library

If you have your Preferences (under Advanced) set to NOT let MacDive manage photos, then you should be able to drag from iPhoto/Aperture and they will be referenced from where they are in those libraries.

At least, that was working last time I checked. Which was a while ago :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom