New low airfare!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishoutawater:
Someone told me about this one last night. Don't know anything about them, but the prices seem right if you can hook up: http://www.usa3000.com/index.htm

Never heard of that one!

I'm loyal and partial to Continental and booking directly through them. I personally have always been able to get a better deal that way and I like staying with one airline to earn my FF miles...they are getting me to Costa Rica later this year !

And if all that wasn't enough to keep my loyalty with Continental, their actions after Wilma sealed the deal for me. I've said it before, but they are the only airline that didn't bail out on us, they are the only airline that sent in evacuation flights until everybody that needed to leave was off the islan...including taking American Airlines, US AIr, Delta, and United passengers...because THOSE airlines din't sent evacuation flights at all, and despite the UNDERSTANDABLE schedule changes, they were the first airline to come back after only three weeks and they were the first to bring back daily flights. To this day Continental is the only airline flying daily flights into Cozumel. Yet, people have been bashing Continental! What about United, Delta, American, and US Air that left their customers stranded here and that cancelled ALL flights "until further notice." I still don't get why everybody was so down on Continental and not the other airlines!

Sorry, off my soapbox now :)

Christi:
Never heard of that one!

I'm loyal and partial to Continental and booking directly through them. I personally have always been able to get a better deal that way and I like staying with one airline to earn my FF miles...they are getting me to Costa Rica later this year !

And if all that wasn't enough to keep my loyalty with Continental, their actions after Wilma sealed the deal for me. I've said it before, but they are the only airline that didn't bail out on us, they are the only airline that sent in evacuation flights until everybody that needed to leave was off the islan...including taking American Airlines, US AIr, Delta, and United passengers...because THOSE airlines din't sent evacuation flights at all, and despite the UNDERSTANDABLE schedule changes, they were the first airline to come back after only three weeks and they were the first to bring back daily flights. To this day Continental is the only airline flying daily flights into Cozumel. Yet, people have been bashing Continental! What about United, Delta, American, and US Air that left their customers stranded here and that cancelled ALL flights "until further notice." I still don't get why everybody was so down on Continental and not the other airlines!

Sorry, off my soapbox now :)

Will & I LOVE Continental. I think you and I are partial to Continental in part due to the convience of them having hubs in our respective cities - IAH & EWR.

Wow! I got a Continental Thursday to Thursday fare from Memphis for $274.00 each in March. Yippee! I can't stand AA.

USA3000 used to be the exclusive charter for Apple Vacations, but a couple years ago they started running scheduled air service as well.

Never flown Continental or AA. I usually fly NWA due to my location, the middle of Michigan. Sher and I hooked up two Feb. tickets via USair frequent flyer miles, although we have never flown them either. I know this... the USair webiste is the most annoying and difficult I have ever used. Never in my life have I had to enter a FF number on EVERY SINGLE page I clicked to. Once booked, I couldn't change seats without calling holding gfor 30 mins... Anyway, I hope the flight is better than the booking process!

Has anyone flown Frontier airlines? It looks like the fastest way to get to Cozumel from SF, but the layover in Denver is only 45 minutes. I'm worried we/our bags might not make it to Cozumel. But all the other airlines are red-eye flights with 5 hr or more layovers. And even those are $550 or more, don't know where all these $200 tickets are coming from. We are flying Sat-Sat in April, maybe that's a bad time.

Frontier is a terrific airline! Living in Denver, it's my favorite and is my choice of airlines. 33" seat pitch (most are 31), seatback DirectTV screens ($5 charge - but worth it), excellent, friendly service.

All their flights are out of the same terminal, and they tend to be quite efficient with luggage. 45 minutes is short, but shouldn't be a problem. In November, they were the #1 ontime carrier in the US.

BurBunny:
Frontier is a terrific airline! Living in Denver, it's my favorite and is my choice of airlines. 33" seat pitch (most are 31), seatback DirectTV screens ($5 charge - but worth it), excellent, friendly service.

All their flights are out of the same terminal, and they tend to be quite efficient with luggage. 45 minutes is short, but shouldn't be a problem. In November, they were the #1 ontime carrier in the US.

I've heard nothing but positive about Frontier and I like them because they bring people to Cozumel :)

Capybara I too travel from the SF area and I don't really like any of the choices but the best for me is to fly Sun Trips out of Oakland to Cancun then do the bus & ferry thing. Sun Trips only flies on some days but leave at a convenient 9:30 AM nonstop to Cancun arriving at 4:30 PM. And then 5:20 PM out of Cancun arriving back in Oakland at 9:10 PM. Not as good a price as everybody else is talking in this thread but take a look.
David

David O:
Capybara I too travel from the SF area and I don't really like any of the choices but the best for me is to fly Sun Trips out of Oakland to Cancun then do the bus & ferry thing. Sun Trips only flies on some days but leave at a convenient 9:30 AM nonstop to Cancun arriving at 4:30 PM. And then 5:20 PM out of Cancun arriving back in Oakland at 9:10 PM. Not as good a price as everybody else is talking in this thread but take a look.
David
Thanks for the tip David O. Looks like they fly only Sundays & Thursdays. I was just wondering, how long does it take to get from Cancun to Cozumel and do you have to do a lot of bag schlepping?
Thanks Burbunny and Christi for the Frontier input, we may just give them a try and keep our fingers crossed about the layover. ($5 to watch TV, what else are airlines nickel and diming for now, pillows & blankets? Sheesh!)

Back
Top Bottom