New LED UK light!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squidguy

Contributor
Reaction score
Did anyone see the advert for the UK LED light (pistol grip) in Scuba Diving Mag? Apparently their is a retrofit kit for owners of C4 & C8 lights. One LED light source bright enough rival incandecent?? and at a higher (whiter) spectrum.... hmm this I gotta see!

Unless it has some interesting new lense to focus the beam I think you will find it lacking as most LED lights seem to be. Depends on the use though

I have a Tektite Expedition 1900 19 LED backup light that I use along with a scout for backups. It lasts forever but it is a washout compared with the scout and useless for signalling.

From what I've heard it uses some type of new lens to focus the beam and a 3rd generation LED

I believe the reflector was also redesigned to help focus the beam. I have one on order so I can check it out.

Otter:
I believe the reflector was also redesigned to help focus the beam. I have one on order so I can check it out.

We expect a FULL report when you've had a chance to get into the water with it.

UK is our choice for u/w lights & it would be nice to see them improve upon an already stellar product line. IMHO, of course. :wink:

Hopefully they come out with a similar retrofit for the SL4 - you could use it on your delrin backup lights, and flooding aside, never have to worry about them running out during a dive. I wrote to UK about 12 months ago asking if such a product was in development, and they confirmed that they would be releasing LED products in the next 12 months - and it looks like they have! Good news for C4/C8 owners, as LED technology really seems to have taken off in the last year or so - they're no longer the little fuzzy balls of light that you used to get in hobby electronics kits.

Their little LED light is out, I forget the model #. Its the one that clips to the side of your mask..I'll try to remember to actually bring it on a dive and see if it has any value other than being a lightweight backpacking light.

do you mean the mini q40? Great light!

How much for the C4 and C8 LED lights? I cannot seem to find any prices yet.

Thanks

iflyprops:
do you mean the mini q40? Great light!

How much for the C4 and C8 LED lights? I cannot seem to find any prices yet.

Thanks
Leisurepro post them at around give or take 75$

I called UK last week and the eLed light kit to upgrade your C4 or C8 is $69.00 M.S.R.P.
They claimed it was going to start to ship this week. Part #19928. I'm curious to see the results and get to test one in Curacao in May.

Back
Top Bottom