New LDS in Austin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hemlon

Contributor
Reaction score
I saw a LDS named Deep Blue Scuba on Hwy 183 last week. Is it new?

Does anyone have any info on it? The location is great for me so I am definitely interested.

Post here or PM me...

Nope...just vewy, vewy quiet. :wink:

I saw a LDS named Deep Blue Scuba on Hwy 183 last week. Is it new?

Does anyone have any info on it? The location is great for me so I am definitely interested.

Post here or PM me...

This is a joke, right?!? That's Thom Dutton's place, been there for quite a while (We are talking 183 and Oak Knoll area, right?). When I lived there it was open sporadically, and then he got that 7 on your side bit about selling false PADI certs. Last I had really heard he had a tank blow up on him.

This is a joke, right?!? That's Thom Dutton's place, been there for quite a while (We are talking 183 and Oak Knoll area, right?). When I lived there it was open sporadically, and then he got that 7 on your side bit about selling false PADI certs. Last I had really heard he had a tank blow up on him.

I don't know if the store is old or new. I assumed it was new because I haven't seen it until recently.

That name is on a few pages of the web site. Is that the guy who had the shop that closed down a few years back? I think "Double D" might have been the name of the shop.

Not so much "false ID Cards" as handing the students the temp ID card and not filing the actual PIC with PADI. He/they managed to string along several students for several months. Much to PADI's credit, they did the good-faith thing and processed the certifications based on the temp cards as long as the signing instructor was an active instructor at the time (they were).

I managed another shop in town and we got real familiar with PADI's QA department resolving these for the stranded customers.

There are several equipment manufacturers that don't have good stories to tell about them either.

Unless someone new bought the shop and it is under new management, I would warn anyone doing business with Deep Blue to be VERY cautious.

That name is on a few pages of the web site. Is that the guy who had the shop that closed down a few years back? I think "Double D" might have been the name of the shop.

Nope - Double D was a different shop. He closed up to move on to something else in his life.

Back
Top Bottom