New(ish) diver, WA to SoCal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PonchoTA

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi folks!

I got my Open Water cert (SSI) up in WA many years ago, got about 30 great dives, then moved to SoCal, where my work schedule has been so hectic that I haven't done a single dive since I've been here. :( Got too heavy and out of shape to dive anyway, but now I'm in the process of getting my aerobic level back up and just get in a little better shape before 'diving in', so to speak.
I've also never dove with anyone but my last girlfriend (850+ dives!!) so I felt VERY comfortable diving with her. Gotta have that "warm-fuzzy feeling" with whomever I'm diving with now, which makes getting back into it a bit difficult for me.

At any rate, my goal is to get wet before the end of summer, after I get my gear rechecked that is! Both tanks need hydro and visual, regs should be tuned up, etc.

I attended a dinner with the local dive club (CID) a few months ago, but never got back with them. :( Will have to rectify that soon! Seemed like a bunch of really great folks!

At any rate, just wanted to drop a line and say hi and see how the water is.

Ciao!
Paul
:D

Hi folks!

I got my Open Water cert (SSI) up in WA many years ago, got about 30 great dives, then moved to SoCal, where my work schedule has been so hectic that I haven't done a single dive since I've been here. :( Got too heavy and out of shape to dive anyway, but now I'm in the process of getting my aerobic level back up and just get in a little better shape before 'diving in', so to speak.
I've also never dove with anyone but my last girlfriend (850+ dives!!) so I felt VERY comfortable diving with her. Gotta have that "warm-fuzzy feeling" with whomever I'm diving with now, which makes getting back into it a bit difficult for me.

At any rate, my goal is to get wet before the end of summer, after I get my gear rechecked that is! Both tanks need hydro and visual, regs should be tuned up, etc.

I attended a dinner with the local dive club (CID) a few months ago, but never got back with them. :( Will have to rectify that soon! Seemed like a bunch of really great folks!

At any rate, just wanted to drop a line and say hi and see how the water is.

:D
Welcome to the board. Hope you enjoy it here. I also moved down here from Western WA and miss that diving. But any how you live quite close to me you any how i noticed you checked out the SoCal form that is a start. Lots of good stuff there. I also use to go to the CID club but then i found this board and meet up with the beach crabs. They are also a great bunch of people, go diving every weekend, and night dives on weekdays.
Hope to see you on a dive soon

Welcome Paul!

I am originally from WA as well... Tacoma, WA to be specific. I just got OW certificated last week! You should go to SoCal Dive-In on July 26th! Click here to find out more information: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/beach-crabs/232734-socal-dive.html

Thats funny you are from Wa to that is where i lived for 20 years and got cert up there. Small world

Thanks for the welcome RV! I left a message on the Dive In thread about possibly carpooling with someone from up this area. (I'm geographically dyslexic so I'm not sure I could find it on my own anyway!) :rofl3:

Hey Erika! I lived in Everett, worked in Lynnwood and got my cert at a little shop in Seattle. Used to dive with the Blue Dolphin crew (and Emerald Sea Dive Club). Very active club up there!

Looking forward to meeting up!
Maybe I'll get the chance to meet some of you clowns!

Paul

P.S. My avatar pic was taken at the Underwater Park in Edmonds! :D

Thanks for the welcome RV! I left a message on the Dive In thread about possibly carpooling with someone from up this area. (I'm geographically dyslexic so I'm not sure I could find it on my own anyway!) :rofl3:

Hey Erika! I lived in Everett, worked in Lynnwood and got my cert at a little shop in Seattle. Used to dive with the Blue Dolphin crew (and Emerald Sea Dive Club). Very active club up there!

Looking forward to meeting up!
Maybe I'll get the chance to meet some of you clowns!

Paul

P.S. My avatar pic was taken at the Underwater Park in Edmonds! :D

I Pmed ya about carpooling since im from this area. Love the Edmonds underwater park got Hit by a 3 ft cabazon and chased off by 5ft ling cod. If you come to the dive in you will meet a bunch of People :D The count last stood at 50 i belive. I was from the olympic peninsula :D

Answered the PM! Thanks Erika!

Welcome to the 'board and to So.Cal.!!!!!!

Wish I was going next weekend but family trumped this great gathering..... noticed you found your way to the BeachCrabs ... a awsome group of people... you will no longer have an excuse not to get wet in So.Cal. anymore... go diving and enjoy. Hope to see you in hte water someday soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom