New in South Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KBeck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello to all!
I've been OW certified for almost a year, but just now finally getting into a "routine" of diving--@ 4 dives/ month. Charters are expensive down here, esp. when trying to buy gear and planning to take more classes!
I've had great fun wandering through this forum--in just a few weeks I've learned more about diving and gear and everything from reading about everyone else's experiences!
I note many northern divers--but not too many down here, strangely enough. Are there any South Florida divers out there also?
I'm contemplating joining on one of the dive trips organized by the Forum, but plan to wait till I'm just a little more experienced.

And you guys are correct--this forum is addictive!

klb
:tree:

Howdy. I'm in the same situation I got OW certified last year and I am just now getting into diving and buying all the equipment.

welcome to the board KBeck from another Northern Diver, I'll switch you locations if you like??
:D :jester: :)

Hey welcome to the Board.

Which charters have you used in West Palm?

If money is tight for you (as it is for me) why don't you get a buddyand go dive Blue Heron Blvd Bridge. Its free! And you'll see a wide variety of marine life down there in 10' of water.

Welcome....I've done some diving out of Key Largo but my husband has made several dives out of West Palm Beach. He always enjoys diving there. Have fun.

The next time we're there, I'll have to check out the Blue Heron Blvd Bridge dive site recommended by Wendy.

Enjoy your diving and the board.

Virginia Beach, I lived in Weat Palm for a few years as a kid. We moved from Tampa. Have fun and enjoy being with the board.

Rich :mean:

That all the divers down there are too busy diving to be on the board! All us "up" here can only dream..........................

Mark

Would you give memore details on that Blue Heron Blvd Bridge dive?
Also of any others in that category of less expensive.

My wife and I would get to dive more if it weren't for the money issue. If we go diving anywhere the price is doubled, but comes out from the same bank account.

I just bought Ned Deloach's book and we are going to explore some of his recommendations.

Thanks
BoricuaMojao

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom