New Hog Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice. Chris, correct me if I am wrong, I think I have seen the 2nd stage in Santa Clara scuba show. I don't think the picture do justice of it look. It looks very nice in person. As usual HOG quality, it felt solid and substantial. The adjustment knob felt very smooth, more so that my D1/D2. Yeah, I want one. hahah

lifetime warranty on non service items. Hoses and hose 2 years mouthpiece until you bite thru it. Really on a D2 or D1 if the oriface knife edge wears out we have your back. The D3 we can replace the oriface without a new body is all. In my experience 99% of the issues in that area are tech induced during service....
The description on DRIS claims, "The D3 will utilize a replaceable hard HP seat, this will allow for better first stage performance, easier serviceability, and a longer regulator life span."

What was the previously expected lifespan and what is this regulators' lifespan?

lifetime warranty on non service items. Hoses and hose 2 years mouthpiece until you bite thru it. Really on a D2 or D1 if the oriface knife edge wears out we have your back. The D3 we can replace the oriface without a new body is all. In my experience 99% of the issues in that area are tech induced during service....

assume you'll have some at Long Beach this weekend for us to put our mitts on?

The D3 we can replace the oriface without a new body is all. In my experience 99% of the issues in that area are tech induced during service....

Seems like a nice feature. Why did you discontinue it on the EDGE Epic. Was it just production reasons?

what are the differences between this D3 and the D1 second stage?

the D3 is a first stage, the D1 is also.

what are the differences between this D3 and the D1 second stage?

the D3 is a first stage, the D1 is also.

I think the confusion comes that on the DRIS web site that item is called "D1 Second Stage". On DGE it's simply called "Hog Second Stage". On your website it's called the "Classic Second Stage".

There seems to be a bit of a nomenclature / branding confusion...

Not for me,my web site matches the pricelist for once. Ask Mike at DRIS.. lol

I think the confusion comes that on the DRIS web site that item is called "D1 Second Stage". On DGE it's simply called "Hog Second Stage". On your website it's called the "Classic Second Stage".

There seems to be a bit of a nomenclature / branding confusion...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom