New HERA Women's-Specific BC Announced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug Krause

Contributor
Reaction score
San Leandro, California (just south of Oakland)
New HERA BCD from Oceanic Built Just for Women

After extensive research, Oceanic’s latest BCD, made exclusively for female divers, is now available

San Leandro, CA January 25, 2007 – Oceanic Worldwide, the leader in diving innovation, has announced that the company’s latest buoyancy compensator, HERA, is now available. Designed from scratch with the assistance of more than 300 female scuba divers, the HERA was created specifically for the female form.

According to Oceanic’s award-winning design team, the HERA is NOT a man’s BCD that is scaled down for smaller sizes. The HERA is contoured for the female form. It’s built to combine function, style and performance and early reviews show that the HERA is a winner.

The HERA features Oceanic’s patented Custom Fit Harness that delivers the ability to custom-fit the BC from the start. Add to this the new Hybrid Bladder design and there is not a more comfortable BC available today. The Hybrid Bladder feature combines elements of a rear-inflation BC and the wrap-around feel of a jacket BC.

The HERA doesn’t follow the industry trend towards weight-integrated BCs, it takes it to a new level. With the patented Oceanic Quick Lock & Release feature (QLR), divers can carry up to 20 lbs of weight in ultra-comfortable side pockets. The QLR system provides a simple way to release the weight should it be necessary. Adding rear weight pockets are also available for trim and underwater stability.

“This is one of the most anticipated new products of the year,” says Oceanic Marketing Manager Doug Krause. “Women have been asking us to create a product like this for years and the HERA is the result of all the requests, test dives, focus groups, test sessions and discussions with female divers from all over the world. The demand is growing for the HERA since we unveiled it to dealers at this year’s DEMA Show and we’re pleased to announce that it’s now available.”

The HERA is available in four different sizes (XS, SM, MD, LG) and has a suggested retail price of $479.95.

More information may be found at: www.OceanicWorldwide.com/p_bcs_hera.html

####

Hi MsParamedic,

I can only assume that you've posted after reviewing our size chart. Due to the significant adjustment points to both the shoulder and cummerbund (which may also be replaced with any stock size for additional adjustment), I expect the size chart to evolve as we get more feedback. Our fit sessions to develop the chart were limited to individuals at our disposal here at the factory - I fully expect these to evolve over time as we receive more feedback. If you wish, I'd request that you PM your measurements - I'd like to adjust one of these here and will report back and update the size chart if possible.

Doug

My wife looked and tried on several BC's. She hated all that had the shoulder cross strap. She too went with the Diva XLT

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom