New Halcyon doubles wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OrcasC205

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Interesting to see that Halcyon has introduced a new doubles wing called the Halcyon Legend at DEMA.

To be honest, I'm not sure what they could have improved from the Evolve doubles wing that they have been selling for years since it, from a design perspective, is pretty nice. I'm curious what they mean by "enhance the position of accessory hoses" -- is that related to the cutouts in the center section where it meets the backplate?

More than a few people cut holes to allow rebreather lines to pass through the center area of the Evolve wing as the Halcyon rebreather wing was lacking enough lift for some scenarios. I'd suspect that may be the modification.

@OrcasC205 here is a pic from the JJ manual to illustrate the hose routing passing through the holes in the wing:

5084720E-C5CD-4C8D-9FCD-E56B648216FC.jpeg

Interesting. I'm not too familiar with rebreather wings and the optimal hose routing for them. It's a little odd that Halcyon seems to be marketing this as an open-circuit doubles wing (40lb and 60lb lift.)

More than a few people cut holes to allow rebreather lines to pass through the center area of the Evolve wing as the Halcyon rebreather wing was lacking enough lift for some scenarios. I'd suspect that may be the modification.
so this can be use with rebreather?

so this can be use with rebreather?
Depends on the rebreather. Not all are the same size. When I bought my JJ and took CCR1 I was told i could use my 60# evolve wing for the class and it would work well if i didn't want to get the rebreather specific wing. In my friends JJ class in 2014 he used his 60# Evolve wing.

Depends on the rebreather. Not all are the same size. When I bought my JJ and took CCR1 I was told i could use my 60# evolve wing for the class and it would work well if i didn't want to get the rebreather specific wing. In my friends JJ class in 2014 he used his 60# Evolve wing.
Couldn’t you just use the standard wing that comes with the JJ?

That is why I really like the Tecline wing. Totally open for unlimited hose routing options plus multiple backplate screw high settings. Also comes with the little counterlung dump string holder, folded HP hose holders, and SPG holders. Also think it is like half the price of the Halcyon.

1670739625769.png

Back
Top Bottom