New guy question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soggybadger

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi folks. As a side mount new guy I have a new guy question. I have been perusing the various harness options from different manufacturers and am now looking at purchasing a Xdeep stealth tec rb. I have based my choice on how I am driving now and what I wish to do in the future. At present I am cold water diving with steel tanks and in the future intend to go tec (deco/trimix) and hope that this setup would be sufficient to see me through without having to upgrade. Also I was looking at the rb because I have a redundancy fetish. Am I making a bad choice. Thanks. Iain.

Welcome to the dark side .....the XDeep stealth is one of the best rigs out there. If you're diving in the U.K. Then I assume drysuit? In that case that's a better option than the redundant bladder. An RB comes with a whole bunch of baggage that can be offset with the benefits of a drysuit. Certainly, if you're Tec diving in cold water then I say a drysuit is a must. But yes, the stealth Tec will easily meet your needs with no requirement to upgrade.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am currently using a drysuit in the UK but plan to travel further afield as the misses hates cold water. Thanks also for the advice with regards to the rb. Iain.

Back
Top Bottom