New Go Pro HD Hero UW Video Cameras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought my husband one for his birthday. One his first dive he strapped it on his forehead. It was good, but understand that it's wide angle. No closeups of the seahorse were really sharp and visible. With the camera running the entire time, he was able to shoot about 30 minutes of vid. (he needs a larger card). The next dive he mounted it on the flash diffuser on his camera, and it was better. He was able to chose when to turn it on, and it took pretty decent video. Our winter dive site doesn't normally have great viz. I expect he'll have it perfected for summer diving.

Maybe I am a little late here but have some questions for the flat port.

1. who makes a flat port for the housing?

2. where can i see it and get some additional information?

3. I couldn't fine any flat port information on Dive Right In Scuba | Plainfield scuba diving lessons and scuba equipment. We also provide scuba certification for the Chicago area. site

Thanks

Bill

We are still working on ours. There are a few that are already on the Market....

Some footage from Bahamas using a GoPro with a homemade flat lens.
(can't post URL's yet) youtube search: "Dubstep Diving"

I just got my Go Pro from Mako Spearguns. The flat lens came with it for free. Going on a night dive tomorrow. Will post a video ASAP.

Some footage from Bahamas using a GoPro with a homemade flat lens.
(can't post URL's yet) youtube search: "Dubstep Diving"

Wow i am impressed with the footage you shot,, can you please list your set up,, iknow it was stated on the vid but homemade flat as in you yourself or offshore comany?

I know this is an old thread, but I am new to the gopro camera. I looked at your website and I only found the sartek housing which has problems with vignetting except in r5. Did you have problems with the version which you were working on?

bonus,, i have tried contacting another company that makes a flat lens without a reply, i would prefer to give my business to a company that wants it and DRIS has always been good to me.

Hey,

I'd like to suggest the SRP BlurFix. You may have seen this video but just in case here is a comparison of some of the 3rd pary solutions. BlurFix is easy to use and offers the option of adding color filters if needed.

[video=youtube;WlCvDaDrUss]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlCvDaDrUss[/video]

Color-correcting filter comparisons

[video=youtube;XsR0a4vyX6Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsR0a4vyX6Q[/video]

Back
Top Bottom