New Genesis DPV Ship Date?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sevenrider860

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello @Jon Nellis,

Just checking in on how things are moving along. Do you have any gut feel for when the new Genesis will start shipping? Any tidbits of information you can release to the general public at this point?

Genesis 3.1​

FIRST DPVS ARE EXPECTED TO BE AVAILABLE AROUND THE FIRST QUARTER OF 2023.

Hello @Jon Nellis,

Just checking in on how things are moving along. Do you have any gut feel for when the new Genesis will start shipping? Any tidbits of information you can release to the general public at this point?
We just received the new motors and the new motor controllers are due in a couple weeks. We need to do some testing and firmware tweaking before shipping, but I estimate that we'll start shipping the new 3.1 and 3.2 in August. We have a long list of folks that have been waiting since last year, to ship out first, and any new orders placed now are likely Q1 2023.

Cheers,
Jon

We just received the new motors and the new motor controllers are due in a couple weeks. We need to do some testing and firmware tweaking before shipping, but I estimate that we'll start shipping the new 3.1 and 3.2 in August. We have a long list of folks that have been waiting since last year, to ship out first, and any new orders placed now are likely Q1 2023.

Cheers,
Jon
Has anyone received the new models yet?
I have one ordered, a friend of mine says the DPV fairy is singing and it will arrive soon. Oh man, I can’t hardly stand the anticipation!!

Cheers,
Jon
Jon
I have ordered the 3.2, looking forward to its arrival. Yay! I just got a new Big Blue TL8000P and a ENC3 that I would like to mount both on the 3.2. I purchased the mounting hardware(strap) with the ENC3, was looking for suggestions for light mount and the console best location to start with. I assume I must find best location for console for the compass to be most accurate. Jim with DPV Tech instructed me to call him when I start using the ENC3. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I would like to order hardware for Big Blue light mount if there is good info for me to go by. Thanks.

Jon
I have ordered the 3.2, looking forward to its arrival. Yay! I just got a new Big Blue TL8000P and a ENC3 that I would like to mount both on the 3.2. I purchased the mounting hardware(strap) with the ENC3, was looking for suggestions for light mount and the console best location to start with. I assume I must find best location for console for the compass to be most accurate. Jim with DPV Tech instructed me to call him when I start using the ENC3. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I would like to order hardware for Big Blue light mount if there is good info for me to go by. Thanks.
We will start shipping next week! I can't tell from you screen name if you ordered direct or through a dealer, but the weight of that light big of a light and whatever is needed to mount it are likely going to exceed the amount of buoyancy available at the nose of the 3.2. We could build it with a longer tube that has extra buoyancy or you will need to add flotation to the outside to get the DPV neutral. If you ordered direct, shoot me an email or contact the dealer you ordered it through for the longer tube option.

We will start shipping next week! I can't tell from you screen name if you ordered direct or through a dealer, but the weight of that light big of a light and whatever is needed to mount it are likely going to exceed the amount of buoyancy available at the nose of the 3.2. We could build it with a longer tube that has extra buoyancy or you will need to add flotation to the outside to get the DPV neutral. If you ordered direct, shoot me an email or contact the dealer you ordered it through for the longer tube option.
Prepaid order with Charlie a while back. Charlie messaged me your shipping next week. the light is a manufacture replacement when my BigBlue canister light quit working. Can’t complain with Good customer service from Big Blue. I will get a handle glove from Big Blue for the light and I will forgo mounting light on the DPV. I must get my experience, training on DPV and certified before I consider modifying the unit. I have the Choptima CM CCR, I’m pretty stoked to do some ow diving on Florida east coast and getting squared away with skills before DPV cave classes start. Currently full cave and CCR certified, this is my next progression in the diving money pit. Life is great when diving!! Thanks for reply sir.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom