New gear questions...brands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had the opportunity to try many kinds of equipment, since i work at a dive shop, i feel the best brands to go with are aqua lung, seaquest, apexs, in which case all of these companies are carried by the same company. for computers i recommend aeris, for reasonable priced wetsuits, deep sea or seaquest. just remeber buy what fits the best, and what you're most comfortable with.

Sailfish, I believe I know the place your talking about because I also live near charlotte, lake norman, and I visit this LDS quite frequently, (if its the right one). Im taking my OWC class portion and trips from them beginning next week.

On equipment, they do carry a few different brands, MARES, Dacor, Sea Elite on BC's, and a variety on mask and accessories, and if it's the same group, they are good folks. I've purchased all my masks, fins, snorkles, boots, gloves for me and my future "wife" buddy. They are competitive and have the best prices around, I've looked. Once you've looked elsewhere, you will be back there.

Are you taking your OWC yet? We will be taking their March trip to Fla on the 17th. Not a bad place to do the OWC, better than the quarry.

Also, this board is great, I've learned quite abit and haven't even touched the water yet. Let me know where you are and we'll do some diving once OWC is complete.

waterdogs

Back
Top Bottom