New gear, Hose lengths and stuff?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You were right!! I had to pull ought the weight pocket and it was wedged in there. Thanks

My new aqualung had it in there too. Now its on a shelf.

Some how I have a collection of LP hoses

Yep. Mine took a ride in the water on the first dive, had to blow the water out to use it. I wonder how many aqualung BCDs are out there being dived with secret hoses tucked away within.

Reactions: NCK
7mm wetsuit showed up today, doesn't fit. Well the lower half does but not the top. Larger top half is back ordered, gota send it all back. LAME!

I honestly kinda regret buying online. Wetsuit from Leasure pro doesn't fit(bottom fits top doesn't), easy enough return but they don't have the right size in stock so I'm SOL (just returning and need to find else ware).

2 items that were shown as in stock from Divers Supply didn't show up and now showing as back ordered/shipping from another location but haven't shipped yet (I specifically ordered things listed as in stock). Hood from DS doesn't fit but as I have 2 orders I can't do the online exchange without calling and emailing,the online exchange only accesses the other order. Divers Supply doesn't do free exchange and it will be over $10 to exchange the hood for the right size.

Any financial savings haven't really been worth buying online. The people I spoke with at both companies very helpful with the returns. But it isn't really worth the hassle, lesson learned.

Oh ya, and I thought Henderson Neosport was made in USA, has a Made in China label on the hood. I wouldn't have bought had I known it was made in China.

I have the week off work but don't have anywhere near a usable set of gear. I'm not exactly excited about this whole process.

Reactions: OTF
When I first setup my gear in August I used a 24" SPG HP hose. I found it's a little too short for my liking. I'm about to place another order with Piranha for some other stuff so I am going to order a 26" hose. The 24" is usable, but its just a little tough to read under water. I think the 26" will be better, the LP hoses are cheap.

Hi, quick question here, I ordered a Aqualung Zuma travel BCD on Cyber Monday size M/L. What length inflation hose would work with this BCD?

2. I was planning to order a HOG SPG today, would a 24 inch hose be fine for an average size guy (wear XL T shirts)? Does the SPG high pressure hose normally come with all fittings? ex just order a SPG and hose and I'm good to go? I don't plan to use a console, just a SPG with everything else on the wrists.

3. Should I try this setup as is or just assume I will need trim pockets and order them now (I will be wearing a LOT of weight for this BCD, 7mm hooded wetsuit when not abroad) Probably 50/50 7mm or 3mm wetsuit. With the 7mm 2 piece suit I may need the trim pockets just to fit enough weight??

I guess letting everything arrive, putting it together and doing a mock up would be best, but the weather is still nice and I'd like to use it next week.

Thanks

I run a 24in SPG hose on doubles and 26in on singles. I'd go 26inch for you. You'll need a spool (piece with orings that fits between the SPG and hose) - usually an option to order with the hose. Wait on the trim pockets till you get the BCD. For inflation hose, if you ordered the BCD new, it might come with a hose. Otherwise, I use a 24in hose that works well usually.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom