New Gear and BP/W question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you all kindly, my stuff is coming and I'll start out in a pool then head to a resevoir. How hard is it going to be to move from a BCD to a BP/W set up? What do people think of my gear choices? My last purchase (for now) will be a 5mm wetsuit and hood.

Thank you all kindly, my stuff is coming and I'll start out in a pool then head to a resevoir. How hard is it going to be to move from a BCD to a BP/W set up? What do people think of my gear choices? My last purchase (for now) will be a 5mm wetsuit and hood.

Jared,

A BP&W is simply a type of BCD. Once you get your new 5mm suit you can start tweaking your new harness. Adjustment of a Hogarthian Harness requires a few dives for everybody.

If you have any questions after you get your gear, and get it laced give me a call.

Tobin

Jared you for your time on the phone and your suggestion to call Techdivingltd. I picked up the rest of my rig from them. When I get the stuff I'll head over to the pool and try it out then give you a ring.

Jared

I went with the Dive Rite about 2 yrs ago after playing with the Zeagle and some others. While I enjoyed the ease of transporting my Zeagle, my Dive Rite is the real deal. As stated before it does take a few dives to get your set up and configuration right especially being a realtively new diver, your not really sure yet what you want.

I went with the SS plate also to carry less weight, and bought a single tank adapter which is a very nice SS peice. The only thing I miss are the pockets, but I bought a OMS pc that starps to my leg, so all good.

PS I use the Oceanic Delta 4 and love it, and I have not had single issues in over 3 yrs. with it.

I have managed to get enough info and help regarding the DSS BP/W I believe I will be happy with one. Don't get me wrong I would be happy with a cheap jacket bc, for a while. The money I save on the bc would pay for the lead to sink it.:rofl3:

Now I really need to focus on a reg and the Delta4 is at the top of my wish list.
Can they put a swivel on a GT3?:D

I think a swivel can be added, the guys at Techdiving through one in on the regu I bought from them and installed it for me.

Yep, you can put a swivel on a GT3. I added one to an Alpha 8 I have. Ordered the swivel off of Ebay. Have tried it a couple of times seems to work fine

Yep, you can put a swivel on a GT3. I added one to an Alpha 8 I have. Ordered the swivel off of Ebay. Have tried it a couple of times seems to work fine

You may want to rethink swivels in general, and Ebay swivels in particular. There have been failures and recalls.

I don't use swivels.

If I needed a swivel I'd think about this one. Page Title

Tobin

I have swivels on my Atomic B2 reg hoses, and they've never given me problems.

That having been said, once the hose is pressurized, it doesn't "swivel" all that easily without manually moving the hose. I'm finding a better alternative, is switching to Miflex hoses, since they stay *very* flexible, even when pressurized, are very light, and don't seem to apply any "push" to the reg in your mouth (which many say is the advantage of the swivel). I've already swapped out a couple of the hoses on one set (reg, and power inflator -- all LP hoses), and will be doing the octo, and another set shortly.

ScubaToys-SF Search Engine Output Page

Good luck, dive safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom