New Function: Quote a post in a PM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting add-on. Could be useful. But the "Quote this post in a PM" feature posts to the person who drafted the post. If you want to send the post to someone else you have to delete the name of the original poster and enter the names of the people you want to pm the post to.

Not a big deal but if someone wants to discuss that post with another person and inadvertently does not delete the original posters name from the PM, an accidental pm could be sent.

Depending on the context of the pm, this could be bad.

Interesting add-on. Could be useful. But the "Quote this post in a PM" feature posts to the person who drafted the post. If you want to send the post to someone else you have to delete the name of the original poster and enter the names of the people you want to pm the post to.

Not a big deal but if someone wants to discuss that post with another person and inadvertently does not delete the original posters name from the PM, an accidental pm could be sent.

Depending on the context of the pm, this could be bad.

I thought about that as well. The first thing I do when forwarding an email etc, is to wipe out the recipient names. That way I can't send it to the wrong person or accidentally send it before I'm finished writing it.

I thought about that as well. The first thing I do when forwarding an email etc, is to wipe out the recipient names. That way I can't send it to the wrong person or accidentally send it before I'm finished writing it.

I would do the same thing as well but there are a lot of people that are not that ... observant. Someone would make the mistake and cause WWIII around here. if it were to happen, the drama would be fun to watch though.

Kind of like watching a tank explode. :D

I would do the same thing as well but there are a lot of people that are not that ... observant. Someone would make the mistake and cause WWIII around here. if it were to happen, the drama would be fun to watch though.

Kind of like watching a tank explode. :D

We're going to have to make up a term like Godwins Law for "I wanna see a tank explode." :rofl3:

We're going to have to make up a term like Godwins Law for "I wanna see a tank explode." :rofl3:

You got that right CD. I always see it referenced when things get a bit hairy. Since you mentioned it, why not post a poll for coming up with the new name. :shocked2:

:popcorn:

It's not working for me either.

Vista, doesn't work with IE8 or Chrome 3.0.195, Scubaboard Default style.

I've got 5 choices:
View Public
Send Private
Find More Posts
Add to Buddy
Add to Ignore

followed by the Mod Tools

I also don't have the Visit Homepage option but I'm pretty sure I never have.

It's not working for me either.

Vista, doesn't work with IE8 or Chrome 3.0.195, Scubaboard Default style.

I've got 5 choices:
View Public
Send Private
Find More Posts
Add to Buddy
Add to Ignore

followed by the Mod Tools

I also don't have the Visit Homepage option but I'm pretty sure I never have.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one. Thought I was going crazy :D

Those are the same 5 choices I see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom