New. From KY now in FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fleming

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Good afternoon. So... I am sill very new. I'm still studying and have yet to do my open water test. I'm here to get a feel of people, topics, and general information. It's a bit overwhelming but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm finally following my dreams.

** I have to say, my OCD and dyslexia is killing me with bar/psi and that the psi isn't exact (sorry random comment) **

Good afternoon. So... I am sill very new. I'm still studying and have yet to do my open water test. I'm here to get a feel of people, topics, and general information. It's a bit overwhelming but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm finally following my dreams.

** I have to say, my OCD and dyslexia is killing me with bar/psi and that the psi isn't exact (sorry random comment) **
Welcome to the fun, if you enjoy diving half as much as I do you'll have a great time!

re: bar vs psi. The only time I've ever seen the metric BAR type references is online - particularly on scubaboard. When diving in the US, Mexico, and Honduras I've only seen imperial used. Unless you're going to be diving somewhere that does things in metric (EU, SE Asia, AUS?) then you can probably fairly safely just forget about BAR. Once you stop trying to convert between systems then there's nothing to be confused about.

Get used to using the system that's common where you live and dive. Once you're super comfortable, you might consider thinking about the other system if you want. For now, you're probably just adding confusion where it isn't necessary.

P.S. I'm not making a statement about which system is better. Both work perfectly well. I'm just saying you'll be best served doing it the same way as those you dive with. If you get an instabuddy in FL and you tell him "okay we'll end the dive at 200 bar" he will probably say something along the lines of "is there a cover charge at the bar?"

Welcome. I'm in Kentucky now, so depending on where you are in FL, sounds like you're about to be 'living the dream.' Florida offers a diverse array of types of diving.

Richard.

howdy and welcome from southeast florida...what part of florida did you decide to make your dreams come true?

howdy and welcome from southeast florida...what part of florida did you decide to make your dreams come true?

Thank you. Dunnellon, FL. Its quiet, skow pace, and has the country feel of KY. I finally get to start living my life the way I've always wanted. I LOVE anything to do with water and swimming. Just having a hard time getting through my workbook (stupid dyslexia) in ready to get the water part started!

very good...stick with it and it will pay off in the long run.....you'll be able to breath underwater...(smile)

Welcome!

You have quite a few springs/caves to dive around you or can travel to either coast as well. You’ll have a blast once you get in!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom