New From Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome :wave:

Say, are you native Egyptian? Or imported?

Do many native Egyptians dive? I went to Dahab for diving. Incredible place to dive for a Dutchy like me. I did not see much Egyptians dive... :confused:

Great to see so much internet shops in Dahab :thumb:. Do Egyptians internet much, or are they just there for tourists?

Yes sir, Native Egyptian, I dive, Fly, Skydive amonge other things.
BTW Dahab ! what kind of diving did u do in Dahab?at the beach in "ASSLAH"?

Greetings from the Lone Star State!
My wife and I did a 1 week Nile cruse, July 95, and another week diving in the Red Sea. Loved every moment. Even in the heat, which was 120F in the shade.
Now, that Nile … that’s an impressive river. If you ever get over here to Texas let me know and I’ll show you around. We don’t have any buildings as old as you have in Egypt but we have some real pretty scenery.

mk

A BIG TEXAS HOWDY to you pardner!!

I would love to dive the Red Sea...What's the weather like over there this time of the year????

Thank you all for your warm welcome, If there is anything I could do to help any of you from my end, Please let me know. which Nile Cruise did you go on?

I don’t remember the name of de boat, but it was a big one. I found out that there aint no diving in da de-Nile. Viz is just too poor, kinda like some of our Texas lakes. We spent a coupla days in Cairo, visited the Museums and the pyramids. What an impressive site! The only problem was that I wished I’d know about Egypt’s history before our visit. I’m still not an expert by any definition, but I sure know a whole bunch more now. Perhaps, someday we’ll return.

mk

Originally posted by fazlo
Yes sir, Native Egyptian, I dive, Fly, Skydive amonge other things.
BTW Dahab ! what kind of diving did u do in Dahab?at the beach in "ASSLAH"?

Just the ordinary Dahab stuff. Lighthouse reef, the canyon etc. Special was the garbage dump (or something like that) in front of Dahab. No coral, just green weed. Saw a group of silvery, vertically dancing, flat fish of which I do not the name.

I cannot remember I've been diving at Asslah....

Red Sea Weather
Feb. till Apr. it is around 80 to 90 and the water is in the 24-26. I use a 2 piece 3 mm each. As it gets warmer around May, one piece is enough. After May, I just dive in my shorts and a T- shirt because it is too hot on the surface to use a wet suit. Visibility is always great, even when it is not good, it is still great compared to other parts of the world. Two places are my favorite, one is Sharm El Sheikh, the second is the 2 island in the south, Zabargad and the Brothers.
Sharm is a great place to dive, because:
1- Lots of dive sites to choose from, boat or shore dives, with more boat dives available today.
2- Very little wind almost all year around, so one can be assured of where the next dive going to be.
3- Marine life is everywhere, you don’t need to go to a certain place to see a certain species.
4- Hotel selection, from a 3 star to a 10 star is available.
5- Nightlife is fun ,Neima Bay is full of things to do and lots of restaurants to choose from.
6- Prices are very reasonable.
The Islands.
Unspoiled dive site du to it’s remote locations .to do these Islands, you are better off starting from Mersa Allam in the south, there are several operators that offer this dive.

Back
Top Bottom