New from Central Florida (repost from meet & greet)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Imzadi Rose

Reaction score
Hello fellow divers!

My name is Brooke (29) and my boyfriend Jesse (30) and I are brand new divers. We just completed our last check out dive on Friday, and are waiting for our cards, but are excited to be divers!! Its something I've wanted to do most of my life, and I'm glad to finally be able to.

We live in Central Florida, just south of Orlando, and so far have been doing our dives at Lake Denton. We hope to go out other places soon. Unfortunately our dives will likely be local ones, until we can save for something bigger.

We hope to join our dive shop (in lakeland) for some dives, and meet some other divers. I'd love to form friendships with divers around our age for dives, and just to get to know, as none of our friends are the kind of people who would want to dive. It would be fun to talk to someone about it!

I have two young children, and besides diving our interests are in reading, hold'em poker, and playing video games. We enjoy traveling, coasters, cruises, and much more. I'm in the Disney parks weekly, and we enjoy all the parks around here. We're both very adventurous, and would try just about anything once. We both love having fun, laughing, and spending time together. We only wish we had more time for fun stuff, like diving.

Thanks for reading, and I hope we make new friends here!

Brooke

Ahhh......Lake Denton. I've been there. Welcome to the board! I'm sure you'll make many new friends here.

Welcome, Brooke!
Is Lake Denton open to divers again? The homeowners around the lake convinced the county to make it almost impossible for divers to dive there. Ugh!

You're in the right forum to make friends. We always welcome new divers on our dives. Check out the trips subforum and come join us.

Another way to meet divers is through a dive club. I'm sure Lakeland has several of them.

Al

Welcome to ScubaBoard

There are a ton of divers in the area, shouldn't be too long before you're knee deep in buddies.

Welcome! All you have to do is check out the Central Florida Trips and Marketplace subforum for local events and the main conch section for everything else. Enjoy :)

Welcome, Brooke!

Welcome to the board. You'll love it here. Which shop did you use for your cert?

Hello, Brooke. I am Da Fool.

I live north of Orlando, really close to Deland, if you know where that is. If you don't, don't feel lonely. :D

As far as local dive sites, you probably have figured out that there is not a whole lot available. Up in my area are a couple of springs that aren't very expensive. If you would like to get wet some weekend, let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom