New Flights/air To Bonaire Yipee!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOO HOO! I have free tix to Aruba and was coming to this site specifically to piss and moan about the lack of AUA-BON flights.

Thanks so much!!!!!!!

Very nice. That changes the whole way you can plan to get to Bonaire. Anything to stay off of Jam Air.

What's the luggage allowance for the stretch?

Thanks for the info! This means I can use FF miles into Aruba & jump to Bon & hopefully do more trips a year without taking the weekly red eye from Newark or Scare Jamaica from PHL. 6 day a week service makes a 'long weekend' a possibility. Please let us know about baggage allowances, though anymore shipping gear down & back seems to be the way to go.

I am still awaiting an answer, but then again this is Bonaire...poko-poko (taking it easy)....I checked their website, but didn't see anything...I will make a call later today. Shipping gear is just WAY to expensive, compared to any charges you may incur for overages. We always recommend that you put your regs and computer in your carryone...they don't weigh those....

Liz

Another thing that will help and maybe get the price down on airfare is Spirit Airlines is adding flights to Aruba also. Man i really cant wait to go back to Bonaire. PBD is setting in big time.

OOps! Disregard the above post. Upon areviewing, I see you did list the price. thanks.

Ok, they emailed me back regarding luggage. Not the greatest, but considering the time it could cut for some on getting to Bonaire, I think it would be worth it. Please see content below:

We are happy that you enjoyed your trip to Aruba and hope to do business again with you in a near future. Luggage allowance is 17 KG (37.4 lbs) per person on Tiara Air if the flight is fully booked,if not there can be arrangement done at the check-in counter. [Overweight is ANG/AWG 3.00 per kilo.

3,00 ANG per kilo translate to $1.69 for every 2.2 pounds.

The way I understand it they are "lienent" and if the flight is not full, then they will adjust the weight per person depending on flight fullness.

Hope this helps.

Liz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom