New flight rules to and from Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Returned from Cozumel on January 1, 2010. See my separate thread for Cozumel Dive Report. Wrenches seized by TSA otherwise made it carry on with all our dive gear. Two large bags each. Pat down prior to boarding by all female 20 somethings-fabulous. All the guys were lining up!

Returned from Cozumel on January 1, 2010. See my separate thread for Cozumel Dive Report. Wrenches seized by TSA otherwise made it carry on with all our dive gear. Two large bags each. Pat down prior to boarding by all female 20 somethings-fabulous. All the guys were lining up!
Canada has TSA agents at their airports but not Mexico that I have seen. You mean the local security? They are supposed to enforice per TSA regs. How large were the tools they kept? From carry-on? What kind? You had how much carry-on?

The pat downs are for show, and they wouldn't have caught the Xmas bomber as no one is going to inspect crotches. You guys are bad tho. :eyebrow:

returned home from Coz Jan. 17th and nothing new there or back at the airports. Carried on my backplate & harness, 2 regs, computer, ipod, headphones, phone and pen all in my backpack. Not even a 2nd look either direction.

Left Coz Jan 20 All bags hand checked at gate, after xray and hand check at xray area.
Security not consistent. Gate search made me throw away the twin blade razor cartridge but xray area hand search let it go.
Hand pat is a joke, I was wearing knee length shorts and sandals and the pat down was on my bare legs! Never pat down my over sized belly or chest but did pat down my exposed arms since I had a t shirt on.

Hand search of the roll bag was look in the shave kit find the razor cartridge then close the bag. Next time the razor gets rolled up in a shirt. They never dove into the bag any further.

Hand searched the back pack was "see laptop" close bag. 6 other compartments never checked.

In Dallas, roll bag xrayed, backpack xrayed after laptop taken out, remove shoes. Asked them about twin blade cartridge type razor and TSA said no problem to take them on.

Is it only going back into the USA where you get the special treatment? Is it still basically business as usual going out of the USA?

yes, the special treatment is only in-bound US flights. We had the extra pat-down at the gate in CZM. The guy immediately ahead of me had every compartment on his laptop bag searched, my bag received just a quick glance in 2 of the 4 zippered areas.

My dad flew MCO-DFW on Saturday and told me that he had to show ID at the gate in MCO. I flew CMH-DFW Thursday night and didn't have that.

Back
Top Bottom