New Fish ID Book Out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chuck Tribolet

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
Certainly More Than You Want to Know About The Fishes of The Pacific Coast, A Postmodern Experience
Milton S. Love
ISBN 978-0-9628725-6-3
Really Big Press, Santa Barbara

It's about the size of the AT&T San Jose Yellow Pages. Tons of good info, and not dry at all.
Adm. Linda got an early copy because she has a picture in it, as do several other local divers.

It's out of stock at Amazon, but you can get it from Really Big Press | Publisher of Certainly More Than You Want to Know About the Fishes of the Pacific Coast.
which is the publisher (meaning Dr. Love). Same price as Amazon. And presumably
plenty of copies in stock.

Me: I'm going to mooch Linda's copy.

Bought mine, too!

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just browsed thru the sample pages and I was thrilled to see some familiar names on the photo credits. I'm glad to see Kawika's legacy live on in such a wonderful book

Looks lovely. Can't wait for it to arrive!

It's even better if you got to be part of it. The picture of the manacled sculpin is by yours truly :dork2: It was a truly humbling experience when Milton asked to use it...what a privilege!

First met Milton back in the 70s when we worked on Jean-Michel Cousteau's Project Ocean Search Catalina. Have used his Probably More Than... book as a reference source for years and made sure several of the fish naturalists and tour guides out here got copies of it for their libraries. It's always great when a true scientist can explain things with a sense of humor. Really look forward to getting my copy of this enhanced tome. Just hope I have a shelf in my library big enough to hold it!

BTW, when you are deciding where to buy the book, realize that the only place the author makes any money is if you buy it directly from him, which is the reallybigpress site.

I've had my copy for four days or so now, and I'm using it as bedtime reading. I can't believe both how informative and how utterly entertaining the book is; I'm quite sure that, because of the humor, I'm going to retain much more of the educational materials.

And Ben, so true -- it's marvelous that Kawika has a legacy like this. And wonderful that the book contains some of his utterly stunning photographs, too . . . as well as some of Rob's, and a whole lot of other extremely good photographers.

Anybody who dives the Eastern Pacific and likes fish should own this book.

Back
Top Bottom