new fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Kay

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My Mares slipper foot fins have loosened up and come off in strong current. Looking for open heal replacements. I'll be diving Indonesia and will hit some current for sure. Some beach dives.

Looking for recommendation for fins by name and manufacturer. Want neutral or possibly positively buoyant fins. What's the scoop with some people needing ankle weights for positively buoyant fins? Also need to be light weight and mildly flexible (knee issues) for surface swims.

I've been looking at Scuba Pro Sea Wing Nova but wonder if you can frog kick in swim-throughs.

Cressi Reaction

Good for flutter kick, good for frog kick, stiff enough to ambulate backwards if desired, but not so stiff that they will kill your knees.

Not as light or flexy as the Scuba Pro Sea Wing Nova, but cost about half as much. I dive with my Reactions locally and travel with them. They are slightly negatively buoyant.

-Z

My wife and I both use the Mares Avanti Quattro. We get very good thrust with little effort. They feel stiff just holding them but have great flexibility in the water. Here's a photo of me take just yesterday that indicates their flexibility.
PICT0036.JPG

The Avanti Quatro and other Mares fins are very popular where I am located.

If you have a size 11 or bigger foot I have pair of used open heel Mares Volo Power fins that I will part with for $30+ shipping. I bought them from a friend but they are too big for my size 9.5 feet/booties.

-Z

I found the Novas to be woeful for frog kicking, like wet spaghetti. The Gorillas were much better. The Avanti Quattro plus is a nice light and powerful fin, I could do all kicks in them.

I know I'll catch some flak for it but Force Fin Excellerating is by far the best fin I've ever owned. I have set of quatros that have warped and lost their shape since I've discovered Force Fins. Also sold pairs of novas and gorillas. There are other models I luv too the Extra Force Fin and Hockey. But sizes I had were too small so excellerating was the way to go for me. Now the proud owner of a beautiful set of ruby red tan deltas.

The Avanti Quatro and other Mares fins are very popular where I am located.

If you have a size 11 or bigger foot I have pair of used open heel Mares Volo Power fins that I will part with for $30+ shipping. I bought them from a friend but they are too big for my size 9.5 feet/booties.

-Z
Do you still have those fins. I am interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom