New fins- need help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

evilbacon

Registered
Reaction score
I have just recently bought some aeris velocity fins after hearing alot of good things about them. I was using some aqua lung caravelle fins before i bought the aeris. the caravelles were my first fins (new to diving) and they had a big foot pocket that my size 12 booties fit right into. But now when i put my feet in the velocity fins they dont fit all the way in like when i wore the caravelle's; and when i tighten them it makes the top of my feet sort of hurt. I was wondering if this is normal for these fins or if my booties are just too big for the fin, the fin size is L-XL and are supposed to fit size 12 booties. My feet are small enough to fit into size 11 booties, but are just more comfortable in the 12s. Should I switch my booties or should i just tough it out and hope that the fins might stretch with each use of the fins??? :06:

evilbacon:
I have just recently bought some aeris velocity fins after hearing alot of good things about them. I was using some aqua lung caravelle fins before i bought the aeris. the caravelles were my first fins (new to diving) and they had a big foot pocket that my size 12 booties fit right into. But now when i put my feet in the velocity fins they dont fit all the way in like when i wore the caravelle's; and when i tighten them it makes the top of my feet sort of hurt. I was wondering if this is normal for these fins or if my booties are just too big for the fin, the fin size is L-XL and are supposed to fit size 12 booties. My feet are small enough to fit into size 11 booties, but are just more comfortable in the 12s. Should I switch my booties or should i just tough it out and hope that the fins might stretch with each use of the fins??? :06:

if you are using 5-7 mil booties a 3mil will give you alot more room. I successfully stretched a set of fins, but the company rep had already approved me on this board before I did it... I would not try to strectch a set unless this was the case.

I mean stretch by: if i start using them will they stretch with time? I think i read your post on the fin stretching, and glad to hear it worked.But, i might try the 3mil boots. When i talked to a dive instructer about it, he said it was normal because not all fins allow the foot to slide fully into the pocket, but I'll see with time i guess.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom