New Fins, Mask, Torch And Computer For Warm Water Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EViS

Registered
Reaction score
What are your guys' opinions on the following kit for warm water diving? I'm the sort of person who would rather spend more money upfront than have to upgrade soon after purchase, but at the same time I do like to spend my money wisely and get good value for my money.

Mares Avanti Quattro+ Fins - I can't decide between these or X-Streams so would appreciate some opinions.
Hollis M1 Mask with a Neoprene strap.
Aquastar 3w LED torch - Or would the 5w version or even the Tektite LS5 be a better option and more future proof as a primary light?
Suunto Vyper - I think I would prefer the backlight feature over the Zoop, however open to your opinions on this.

Welcome to Scubaboard.

I think you are looking at some good gear and would go wrong with none. of it.

Quattros are a very good all round fin but do require a little more leg strength, Xstreams are lighter and easier on the legs.

The M1 mask is a good mask providing it fits you.

The vyper is a good, simple and reliable computer put it in a DSS bungee mount and you're good to go.

For clear warm water night diving less is often more, a wider beam is nice at night but to be effective as a day light or in low vis narrower and brighter is often better, take a look at the Hollis adjustable beam light sold at DiveGearExpress, could fit the bill. BigBlue also make a nice adjustable beam light CF250 from memory. Intova make some nice cheap lights also.

If you have the money look at the Mb-sub X1-VB which in my opinion is the perfect warm water and/or travel light.

Good luck with your shopping.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom