new fins for a new diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jef Martin

Reaction score
I will be buying my first pair of Scubapro fins in a couple of weeks. I've narrowed my decision down to 3 choices, all near the same price at the local shop, the Twin Jet, the TJ Max and the Seawing Nova. I understand this is a personal choice and certain factors come into play when choosing a fin. What I'm looking for is the opinion of experienced divers who have tried the TJs and the Nova and can help me decide. I am dead-set on buying one of the 3, just don't know which yet. Thanks.

They are all good fins. I have a pair of Seawing Nova's and they work great, they are very light and generate a HUGE amount of thrust. If you are unsure, I would test dive each pair at the shop to get a better feel for each set.

thank you. "HUGE amount of thrust" sounds very appealing. From what I've been reading and hearing, the Nova seems the way to go.

Oh, yes, let the fun begin...I am stoked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom