New Fill Station

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It would be a stress test if yo had 12 customers all in the shop, and as you do the fills stuff starts to go south on ya. Customers watching, hoses following Murphy's law instead of the laws of physics ... that would be a stress test. Might even be a good video ... :)

Looks like a mighty fine piece of work with a good bit of know how to put it all together Mack. My compliments!! Now I gotta come rent a BPW from ya just to see this modern marvel of a fill station.

You have not seen a horse trailer pull up with 32 sets of gear and try and get fills.
Now thats a challenge.
Mack- I forwarded your info to a friend.
Congrats on the air station.

Andrew

It would be a stress test if yo had 12 customers all in the shop, and as you do the fills stuff starts to go south on ya. Customers watching, hoses following Murphy's law instead of the laws of physics ... that would be a stress test. Might even be a good video ... :)

Looks like a mighty fine piece of work with a good bit of know how to put it all together Mack. My compliments!! Now I gotta come rent a BPW from ya just to see this modern marvel of a fill station.

Thanks guys. And yes, for those that don't know it, there is a bar 2 doors down. Drop your tanks off and go have a few drinks while we get them filled. Then you can come back and let us show you all the latest scuba gear.:eyebrow:

It's a good thing Mack didn't take up photography as a career. The new fill station looks much cooler in person!
We tried to get a drive-thru window put in but Kenny just loves to carry tanks so much... :D

Hey now... at least it means I spend my time at work working.... edit.... at least it means I spend most of my time at work working.... edit.... I'm not always lazy....

Kenny has been a great help this summer. I just need to get more creative to find ways to reduce the stand around time.

I've got an idea for a drive up fill station. What I don't have is the $$$$. Any volunteers?

I'll help with any demo (I've got a saws all and a sledgehammer :D )

I'll even volunteer for any security system mods needed and parts for that within reason :wink:

But I aren't no architect nor have I ever played one on TV, so you'll need to find a smarter person to insure the building doesn't fall down :)

Just thinking out loud.
Use a single larger size hose and output to a manifold.
QC6 quick disconnect fittings, auto close and liquid tight.
Then you just need a line run out to the outside wall and a lockable box.

Unlock the box, plug in your high volume line and terminte at the drive through.
You might need a trough tank to put the tanks into for cave fills.

Thank you for the infrastructure more people appricate it then sometimes let on...

Regards, Andrew

Kenny has been a great help this summer. I just need to get more creative to find ways to reduce the stand around time.

I've got an idea for a drive up fill station. What I don't have is the $$$$. Any volunteers?

I had something along the same lines in mind. Now all I gotta do is find a way to pay for it. Ms. Perry has started a fund raiser to fix up her downtown house; I wonder if I could start one to expand the fill station:D Maybe I could get a grant from some agency to fund the project. Anybody know a good grant writer :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom