New feature for computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimclarke:
Teddy I checked with Zak of Mares. (Unfortunately in this aplication), the algorithm that Mares uses assumes that you aclimatise at altitude before diving. This means you have less nitrogen when entering the water than you would if entering at sea level.

To use the compter at sea level but set in altitude mode ignores this extra nitrogen loading. I never did the sums but remember reading that this can be equivalent to a couple of pressure groups.

If Mares set it up to account for sea level loading it would be ultra conservative for those lodging at altitude.
You are right, and I presume all computer's do the same. The influence of this is obvious with slow tissues, so some prejudgement is needed. So the next question comes with the equivalent altitude difference from sealevel/pressuregroup to choose before and between the dives. This makes adjustment's a bit complicated. Maybe there's a software with capability to set all the influencing factors. Any ideas anyone?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom