New Faber Tanks Announced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are supposed to make the official unveiling at DEMA in October....maybe with more makers offering HP steel, the prices will come down!

perhaps now that PST has announced the extension of the exemption (man i sound like a poet!!) on the E series tanks, Faber feared everyone was goingnto run out and buy PST. shrewd marketing if that is the case...

"the F-x series provides increased flexibility with size and volume to maximize “bottom time”.

Does this mean when you need more air you unfold the tank?

m3830431:
If the price was right I would have a problem buying one. :D

Anyone seen the specs on these tanks? Weights, etc? I was about to make a deal on a friend's used set but wanted to know if waiting might be best.

Faber was pitching these last DEMA. Apparently they are the same dimensions and specs as the PST's and the new Worthingtons, but they have a painted coating (Like other Faber tanks) rather than the galvanized.

Paul

Saw a couple of these at my LDS. Just paint, no Hot Dipped Galvanized Finish. No Thermo Valve, just some junk valve from Italy. My LDS doesn't even have parts for this valve. And the boot is soft plastic that traps water and rusts out the bottom of the tank. I'll stick with my PST tanks and Thermo valves.

Back
Top Bottom