New DUI San Diego or Fusion Bullet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just the cost of the Zip Seals alone would make me second-guess buying a DUI suit.

This is where purchasing from DRIS is a huge benefit. For $200 above the cost of the Premium or Platinum Lifetime Guarantee, DRIS will replace a full set of zip seals each year if needed. The neck seal is $138 and the wrist seals are $118, so you see where the benefit is HUGE! Also...they ship the first replacement set to you with your suit, so you can carry them with you and never miss a dive because of a ripped seal.

With that said...these seals are not all that fragile if you take care of them. I had one set for 3 years with a couple hundred dives that I finally replaced due to age.

This is where purchasing from DRIS is a huge benefit. For $200 above the cost of the Premium or Platinum Lifetime Guarantee, DRIS will replace a full set of zip seals each year if needed. The neck seal is $138 and the wrist seals are $118, so you see where the benefit is HUGE! Also...they ship the first replacement set to you with your suit, so you can carry them with you and never miss a dive because of a ripped seal.

With that said...these seals are not all that fragile if you take care of them. I had one set for 3 years with a couple hundred dives that I finally replaced due to age.

DRIS is my LDS, but since they're a relatively new DUI dealer, I didn't know that. I'm just fine with my USIA. I got the SiTech replaceable seals with mine, as well as the Platinum guarantee, so I've got the extra seals, as well.

ETA: I was thinking more of the expense of the dry gloves with the ZipSeals. That's what I meant by the cost making me shake my head. Should have put that in my original post.

I've got the SiTech QCP glove system. That was about $180 and then the gloves are $5-6 a pair. Can't imagine how I'd be babying the gloves with ZipSeals...

DRIS is my LDS, but since they're a relatively new DUI dealer, I didn't know that. I'm just fine with my USIA. I got the SiTech replaceable seals with mine, as well as the Platinum guarantee, so I've got the extra seals, as well.

Can't go wrong with the USIA. I wanted the DUI 30/30 travel suit and even though DUI had removed it from the catalog, DRIS was able to get me a custom one ordered. You are lucky to have such an amazing group of folks as your LDS...they are top rate!

Back
Top Bottom