New DS4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Folks, Andy from Apeks contacted me and and resolved the issue. I was provided with the newer rubbery handwheel and the original metal one. I can feel a differance in the 2 plastic/rubber handwheels. The newer seems to be stronger and designed to not distort and slip/break when gripped and turned. I prefer the metal wheel myself.

I just want all of you to know, Apeks quickly corrected the problem, Andy's customer service skills are great. It's to bad all dive gear manufactuing companys aren't as willing to resolve problems.

This kind of support is what brings customers back. Again, Thank You

Now that's customer service! Just out of curiousity, could you post a picture of the rubbery handwheel? I'lld like to compare it to the one that I got.

Mike

Folks, sorry it took me a while to post been real busy with school and work. The newer handwheels are on the left notice the lighter shade of grey. Also on the defective wheel you can see the cracks.

I hear everyone's point about the metal being a superior material for this purpose, however, I can also see the advantage to the rubberized version, which looks like a much larger diameter. Thus easier to turn.

When my hands get cold, that metal wheel can sometimes be hard to screw and unscrew. Hope the newest version will stand the test of time...

Exactly, that is the reason why I am arguing that the international lifetime warranty by major scuba manufactures is a gimmick. Officially, they said it works, but in reality, who cares it in other countires?

Scubaroo:
None of my Apeks regs have a valid warranty anymore - for starters I purchased them from the UK or Spain while living in the US, and I now live in Australia, so even if I'd bought from an authorised US dive store, the Australian distributor wouldn't honor my warranty. Most distributors in many industries (not just diving) only warranty equipment they imported, not private parallel ("grey market") imports.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom