New drysuit is on the way!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NEdivah

Reaction score
YAHOOO!! Just ordered my first drysuit from divetank.com!!! :D Thanks Richard!! After all these years of diving New England waters with 7mm 2 piece I've finally had enough!! Anywho, allow me to dip into the vast wealth of knowledge that is the SB family. Do I now invest in a drysuit coarse or just learn from some of my fellow divers round here? I plan on going in the pool to check it out, but quite a few people have told me that a drysuit coarse will seem like a waste of money W/ my diving experience.

I don't plan on using the suit as a bc, so is there a huge issue with just enough air to prevent squeeze affecting my control in various swim positions, IE: head down etc.? Are there any drysuit "secrets" revealed in a drysuit class? I know about learning someone elses "bad habits" as far as that goes but I tend to adapt my own method of madness to things anyway.

I appreciate learning from you all and look forward to your answers!! Cheers!!:D

I assume you have a good undergarment coming that is are appropriate for the suit and the waters. With a good garment you will be less enticed to run much air in the suit and that will negate a lot of risk.

With your experience and some homeweork you should be OK. Start with modest dives where the risk is slight.

Once under way I make sure my vent valve is open so it will auto vent.

Pete

Hi spectrum. I have the t100 as well as polar fleece unders coming with the suit. I'll have to hook up with you for some dives. I would really like to start checking out the Maine coastline more.

Am considering buying a dry suit..took the PADI specialty and did the 2 dives. I know it's frowned on but I often do shallow dives alone off my boat in LI Sound and am concerned with getting a dry suit on alone. Struggled with a DUI laminate but thought the crushed neoprene may be easier to get on alone. any recommendations?

If you are solo diving ( I wont go there...) I would suggest a self-donning suit. No back zips. The Trilam should fit the same as the CF 200 (DUI)

Yeah, Richard at divetank is a stand-up guy. Just received my drysuit a few weeks ago and I, too, pondered formal instruction versus diving with other drysuit divers. I, however, am a fairly new diver with less than 75 dives and opted for the drysuit certification.

NEdivah:
Hi spectrum. I have the t100 as well as polar fleece unders coming with the suit. I'll have to hook up with you for some dives. I would really like to start checking out the Maine coastline more.

I'm diving the T-100 under an Atlan 7MM and with some long polypro underwar it's nice. The fleece should help make up for what my neoprene provides for insulation.

Just say when as far as diving. The frequency seems to be picking up with the winter passing. It's been a 3 weekend run so far, going for 4 this weekend.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom