New DRIS Impact Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your timing is frighteningly good, Mike...I just happen to be working up a second 3D rig. So far I've been swapping lights between rigs.

I succumbed to temptation this AM and ordered a pair of stubbies.

Wow I was thinking of getting a pair of L&M GoBe 700 Wide for my Intova Sport Setup. Now these look like it would be a better light system (140 v 60 degree and 1000 v 700 lumin) and less expensive to boot. Both are on my DRIS wish list now, thanks a lot.

Your timing is frighteningly good, Mike...I just happen to be working up a second 3D rig. So far I've been swapping lights between rigs.

I succumbed to temptation this AM and ordered a pair of stubbies.

I think your timing kinda sucks, lol. :idk:

I was just in your store a couple weeks ago and bought two more of the Old 1000's; one to replace one that was stolen from my car, and one as a gift for my dad. I haven't even taken mine out of the box yet! :confused:

I may see if the wife will notice if I picked up a stubby.

Any mount hardware for these lights? I'm planning on using my modified Fenix style adapters, but know someone looking at lights & wasn't sure what to tell them.

We have a mount with a tray that will retail for $99, and should have pricing for just the mount later today :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am almost tempted on the stubby, but I would like 1 more feature. I have another video light that when you turn it on it is at full brightness and if you quickly turn it off and then back on it is about 50% brightness. Any chance of ever integrating that feature into this light?

Can someone talk about beam comparisons to the DRIS 1K shorty and/or the 1000lumenINS. That would really help me.

Is the output of the Impact the same or brighter to you?

Is the "hotspot" the same size or smaller? Is the center hotspot more or less intense?

Which light has the best "throw"? In other words which appears to shine the furthest?

As always, if you have already purchased a DRIS light, we have a special offer for you! Just put in the Comments when ordering, "Mike, I didn't need another light, my spouse hates you!", and we will edit your invoice when it comes thru and give you a special price of only $90 for either light!!!
Would DRIS consider this as well... "Mike, we've pre-ordered the X-Deep Black and been waiting for months, we would like a special price of $90 for either light!" :D

Also, if we buy the Impact light separately (body + head) it ends up costing MORE then buying the Impact light package ($135 vs. $129 cf. here). For example, the Stubby Impact is a package that includes Battery and Charger for $129.

Can you consider adjusting the price for the separate components? I already have excellent Li-ion chargers and batteries.

thanks

Can someone talk about beam comparisons to the DRIS 1K shorty and/or the 1000lumenINS. That would really help me.

Is the output of the Impact the same or brighter to you?

Is the "hotspot" the same size or smaller? Is the center hotspot more or less intense?

Which light has the best "throw"? In other words which appears to shine the furthest?

Would DRIS consider this as well... "Mike, we've pre-ordered the X-Deep Black and been waiting for months, we would like a special price of $90 for either light!" :D

Also, if we buy the Impact light separately (body + head) it ends up costing MORE then buying the Impact light package ($135 vs. $129 cf. here). For example, the Stubby Impact is a package that includes Battery and Charger for $129.

Can you consider adjusting the price for the separate components? I already have excellent Li-ion chargers and batteries.

thanks

Output on the spot, is almost identical, the light just has the options with the other video head which is what makes it more unique.

I like your creativity on your discount code :wink: Go ahead and put that in the comments and we will honor it for you for being patient for the XDeep computer! :D You are correct, the package with the batteries is cheaper than the components. They come to us at a higher price individually, as packages are always cheaper.

You can advertise 1000 lumens all day long and some will believe it. But it's just perpetuating flashlight ignorance and meaningless numbers.

Pretty sure just about every company marketing lights does this junk. Even the famed light monkey advertises output based on watts! I bet I could make a 50w light that puts out 20 lumens if I so desired.. it's frustrating for a consumer like me.

Here is a picture of the video head in action. 6"s from the wall, it has a 32" spread:

impact VIDEO.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom