New divers in BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chill Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife, brother, a coworker and I are working on completing our certifications. We have finished our class work and pool dives and will have our open water dives in a week and a half. My wife and I also did the nitrox course so we will have two certifications.

I have been lurking around this board for the past few weeks but just formally signed up so I could post. I have already found a lot of good information and I look forward to being able to contribute.

Diving in BC means cold water so we plan to follow up our OW with drysuit training and then AOW.

The PADI dive centre we have been training with has been very good to us. I have read some of the horror stories about dive centres/instructors who just want to get you a c-card so you can buy gear from them. Langley Diving actually seems to want us to learn to be independent and safe divers.

I have been snorkelling for years and always wanted to learn to scuba dive. My wife had little interest until we started planning a trip to the south pacific. The cruise we will be on has a scuba diving option at every stop. We decided to get qualified here so we would be able to do all the dives there.

I had not even considered diving here as I always figured it would be too cold and there would be nothing to see. I have since learned about drysuits and about the amazing diving available within a couple hour's drive from home.

We are looking forward to continuing our dive experiences at home and wherever we go on vacation.

Welcome to the Scuba-Board, There a lot of divers in and around BC Lots of good places to dive Deep or not Deep.
The many things you well see is just amazing. Dive Safe and enjoy the oneness of the sea.

Great introduction. Welcome to the board and to diving. You are one of many who have no idea that BC has some of the best cool water diving in the world.

I'll be speaking to Les at Langley Diving soon so I'll pass on your compliments. I like to hear the good (and the bad) about our dive operators.

Enjoy and dive safe.

Hey welcome aboard... from a displaced Canuck... used to live in your neck of the woods:) You will find some great information and people here.

Update to my original post. We all got certified this weekend. Definitely a cold water dive - 10c/50f.

Next up, drysuit! We have booked the course for a month from now.

:cold: great to hear that..:happywave:

Back
Top Bottom