New Divers and Basic Scuba color changes

Do you like the font/color change?

• No. Please put all the forums back to the same font

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Yes. I like it the Bolded Navy color.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Yes. But I think it needs a different color.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • What font change? I can't tell any difference.

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • I like the idea, but want a better way to identify those forums.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other - for everyone who says their choice wasn't listed on the poll.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I like the SeaGreen color

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tests that we've conducted amongst the staff indicate that yellows or oranges can be hard for some people with vision problems to see. Another reason for choosing the navy was to keep the board from looking like a rainbow threw up. :)

img-set

Glad I could help. :thumb:

After reading this thread I went to look for the changes, and saw them. IF (the big if?) the thread titles were also in green, it would be even easier to notice.

After reading this thread I went to look for the changes, and saw them. IF (the big if?) the thread titles were also in green, it would be even easier to notice.

If that is possible, I don't currently know how to do it.

Looks like approval is running pretty evenly for the blue and green colors. So far I haven't heard much total dislike of either.

I think the green looks good. Very easy to distinguish.

Looks like approval is running pretty evenly for the blue and green colors. So far I haven't heard much total dislike of either.

Didn't you add the green to the poll after the poll started? Maybe some blue would've gone the other way.

Didn't you add the green to the poll after the poll started? Maybe some blue would've gone the other way.

Yes. The count for blue has doubled after changing to green.

We are testing a change to the titles of the New Divers and the Basic Scuba forums to a bolded navy color. The purpose of this test is to give a visual reminder when people select new posts that they are entering the "friendly, flame free zone" and that special rules apply.Depending on feedback and results of this test, this may or may not be a permanent change.

Not working too well in this thread
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/basic-scuba-discussions/361976-grow-pair.html

NetDoc is active in the thread, so I guess it was all OK with him.

EDIT - thread finally moved to W&C.

Last edited:
May be time to remind some folks about keeping Basic Scuba a "friendly, flame free zone."

:shakehead:

What people dislike about the program and the name has been well covered in previous threads. If you want the answer to your questions, it is all there for you to read. But ... if you'd rather just troll, play on.:popcorn:

That really was unnecessarily harsh.

The most common issues: too few dives to earn, the name it self, what it implies and what it is really is two different things.

Tom

No, I'd say that it was necessarily harsh, in my book the OP is either too lazy to do a search or a troll ... do you have another rational explanation?

Plenty of Mods are active in the thread, so I guess I need to be recalibrated about what constitutes "friendly."

May be time to remind some folks about keeping Basic Scuba a "friendly, flame free zone."

:shakehead:

Plenty of Mods are active in the thread, so I guess I need to be recalibrated about what constitutes "friendly."

When someone is a Board Guide and that "harsh" on someone, maybe they need to not be a Board Guide. After all, it clearly states A Board Guide's mission is to make sure no question goes unanswered and that the Basic Scuba Discussions and New Divers and Those Considering Diving forums are incredibly friendly and inviting for even the timid user to post a question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom