New Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I can help with the gear issue. I picked up on a couple of key points....

My husband manages a water sports place on St John so I can get wholesale prices from some companies. Right now I can get wholesale from trident and dacor.

As a proffesional diver,, a PADI DiveMaster, I think I can help with this terrible problem. Just let me know when I can expect room and board - uhh - for my professional evaluation, (of course), and also, when you can arrange the airfare to get me there.

I will be able to display a few different items of dive gear for you, and will be happy to personally test any gear that you feel I should ---- uhhh, for the saftey of your customers of course....

I know the sacrifice on my part is great, but I am a very friendly person, and sacrifice is just one my humble abilities.....

:)peek: seems to be getting deep in here)

Dave - Divemaster - Island speciality needed for St John.

(Gosh, this could work out for both of us!)

:rofL:

Welcome from a snow bound northerner!

I have some Dacor gear and it is fine, even better if you can get wholesale!

Enjoy,
Dave

and a WARM Welcome from Sunny ARIZONA the all beach no ocean state

Glad to have you aboard :balloon::balloon:

you can never have to many balloons

unless your in a lawn chair

Welcome to the board..!

My best advice for purchase of equipment for now is to ask your instructor what would be best for your location and you.

Since you've been attending all the couses and more, I doubt it if he/she will apply the sales talk on you.

Should you still have problems deciding after that, start a new post on equipment advice. I am sure lot's out there can give you a hand.

Happy diving..!

Hi from kingston Ontario Canada.. welcome to the SCUBA Board. Hope you enjoy the forum

Hope all your days are wet ones, Or dry depending how you dive. Dive Safe.

Barry

Originally posted by tjp
Ijust moved to the US Virgin Islands in August and got my OW in October, Advanced in early Jan and Am doing Rescue Diver tomorrow and Thursday! I've got 13 dives under my belt and want to go for at least Dive Master in the next couple months. SO, of course I want my own equipment. My husband manages a water sports place on St John so I can get wholesale prices from some companies. Right now I can get wholesale from trident and dacor. I don't know that I want all Dacor stuff...doesn't seem like the best quality stuff but for a start might be good. DH has to order from Dacor this week and if we can get our total order up to $1K I can get a free Classic Reg. Any thoughts on what I should get with Dacor? I thought the Viper looked cool but after reading about it it doesn't seem to be a favorite with anyone. I have no idea on BC's. My parents have Zeagle and say Dacor is no good with the hardpack, then again I've only used rental gear and so I'm not picky YET.

Look forward to hearing everyones input and reading this board!

TJP in America's Paradise

Welcome aboard tjp! I can honestly say you have picked one of the most perfect places to live. I know I would certainly like to be there full time! But alas I missed the Texas Lotto by only 6 numbers on Saturday. I was so darn close too :wink:

Hi from Kingston Ontario Canada. Welcome to the Scuba Board, Hope you enjoy the forum.. Hope your days wet.. Or dry depending how you dive.. just remember to dive safe.

Barry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom